cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Problem Reporting

4 Comments

If your Community name is the same as your My Sprint login, chances are you will not be able to reclaim your Community name.

What seems to happen is that you are able to login to My Sprint and when you access the Community, no toolbar is shown. Please send an email to buzz-admin@sprint.com and we'll work with you to change your community name so you can reclaim it.

50 Comments

We just released a significant update to My Sprint last night. This update addresses a lot of issues people have been reporting to us over the past few weeks. This is just a partial list of everything we updated:

•    Adding and removing services on your current plan.
•    Paying your bill online.
•    Changing your plan online.
•    Adding another device to your account online.
•    Using our plan analysis tool.
•    Activating a new phone online.
•    Switching between multiple accounts or devices on an account (controlled by a dropdown list in the upper right corner when you sign in at My Sprint.
•    Correcting the “loading” message never going away when you try to see your device or manage your account.
•    Eliminating a blank search results page when searching from the Support section.
•    Blocking web access for devices on your account.
•    Preventing seeing status messages about changing items like your communication method, plan, or bill delivery method when you simply looked at those pages without making changes to them.
•    Preventing your device from being automatically removed from your online profile if your account has been suspended (but not closed) due to non-payment.
•    Fixing an error for those who see a message asking you to create a PIN when you already have.
•    Getting a message indicating you need to update your browser when trying to add a phone or switching plans.
•    Changing your email address in My preferences.
•    Accessing Mobile Applications Manager from My preferences.
•    Removing the inaccurate security warning when clicking from My Sprint to Digital Lounge.
•    Seeing the logo and images on the eBilling & Analysis sign-in page (this is for business customers).
•    No longer seeing a message about a 5GB limit on Mobile Broadband Cards when you do not have a Mobile Broadband Card.
•    Returning you to the Sprint home page after sending us an email.
•    Preventing the display of a message asking you to add an account you’ve already added, then confirming it already exists, but asking you to add the same account again later.

Many other updates are included as well, and more on the way. Thank you all for your feedback, and please accept our sincere apologies for any problems you’ve experienced on the site.

1 Comment

We've been working on solutions for the client side browser support issues and last night we deployed a fix that should eliminate the 'third party cookies' issue. 

The outcome of this is that Safari on the Mac (and Windows) is now fully supported.  You can log into Community, pay bill, change services, view plan optimizer and more.  

This message is being posted on Safari for Mac with cookie settings set to 'paranoid' - only accept cookies from sites I visit, no third party cookies!

Thanks,

Will

4 Comments

We continue to report the problems many of you are having reclaiming accounts to the development team.  While the update to the site last week helped some of you, it did not solve the issue for everyone.

The developers sent over these instrustions for those of you that are still having problems to try:

1.  Login with your MySprint ID on the community page

2.  Open the arrow right beside your name where you just logged in

3.  There should be a My preferences tab.

4.  Under community click on "update my profile"

5.  Change your display name to something different in the "How would you like to be known..." box (I picked TristanTK because it was free).

6.  Click on Save

7.  After the My preferences box closes another pop-up should come up asking you to reclaim you community account.

8.  Follow the directions and enter your Buzz user name and password

9.  Hit save.

10.  If that worked your new username should be associated with all your old posts.

35 Comments

The first of several sprint.com updates is scheduled to take place tonight, Thursday May 6th. The build will include 110+ enhancements that address content, imagery, and the following site tasks and functions:

• Access to view your bill
  • The ability to change plans, add phones, and add and remove services
  • Navigation from Support to other site sections
  • Routing Nextel customers to TeleNav to manage GPS functionality
  • GPS settings functionality
  • Enabling you to tie your community ID to your MySprint username and password
  • Footer links
  • Password retrieval options
  • Autopay links across the site
  • Error messages
  • Compatibility with IE6 and IE7 browsers
  • Issues with the user interface
  • The ability to sign out from the Support section
  • Clearer page titles

Thanks for your continued patience as we continue to improve sprint.com.  After this update is complete I'll try to provide information on further enhancements.

24 Comments

[updated 4/26 - additional FAQs]

If you're unable to access something on the website, you can use the automated system from  their Sprint phones to perform many account management functions. These  calls do not use plan minutes.

* Dial *4 to get account balance  information
    * Dial *3 to make an automated payment
    * Dial  *2 to call customer care

In addition, the Facebook and iGoogle My Sprint widgets are available to customers.

FAQs

Why  are you working on the Web site instead of concentrating on improving  the customer experience?
The changes we’re making to  Sprint.com are one of several initiatives that will continue to enhance  our customers’ experiences. In addition, Sprint continues to roll out 4G  services, make network improvements and focus on providing the best  devices in the industry today.

My texts/Web/PictureMail/Family  Locator/Voicemail/email/etc... isn't working on my phone. Is this  because the site is down?
Any issue you may be having is  completely unrelated to the Sprint.com status. Although My Sprint is a  convenient spot to access and manage your services, the systems that  actually power those features are not associated with the website.

Some  people are saying they can get into the site. Why can they get in but I  can't?
As we work to restore access, some visitors will be  able to sign in and others won't. This is simply a result of timing and  current traffic loads.

Can I access Family Locator while  My Sprint is offline?

Yes; visit http://sfl.sprintpcs.com

Can  I access Wireless Backup while My Sprint is offline?
Yes;  visit http://wirelessbackup.sprint.com

I'm  a business customer; can I get into Wireless Manager?
Yes;  you can sign in at https://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/registration/jsp/WirelessManagerlogin.jsp

Can  I activate a phone online while My Sprint is offline?
Depending  on which systems are available, you may be able to activate a phone  online. Visit http://www.sprint.com/activate

I  can’t pay my bill online, how do I make a payment?

Although  paying your bill online is certainly one way to make a payment, Sprint  offers a number of ways to make payments. You can dial *3 from your  Sprint phone to make a payment using our automated system or with a live  rep —this does not use your plan minutes. You can also stop by a Sprint  store to make a payment.  You will not incur a fee for making payments  via these three methods.  Additionally, you can make a payment through  your bank’s online bill payment service.

How do I find multiple accounts on a BAN?

Click on global login in upper right corner. Select the dropdown flipper. Change the account.  This is known as the Account Flipper.

How do I add to our account flipper if I have multiple bans or accounts?

Add accounts on My Preferences/All about My Account/Update or add another account.

Where are the tools customers use to manage their accounts?

They are in the My Preferences/Things I can Manage  sections.

17 Comments

A work around has been put in place to allow members who were able to reclaim their ID once, and then lost it again, to change their display name back to the original.

Now the recommendation is to login to My Sprint, navigate to the Community and then click the word (edit) in the Toolbar.

Edit_Display_Name2.jpg

For example, I was able to reclaim my ID after launch. The next time I  logged in, my phone number showed as my display name.  I couldn't change it back to SarahKS because I kept getting a message stating  that name was already taken.  I changed it to SarahHS so my phone number wouldn't show anymore.  After the build  on Thursday (5/6) added the (edit) option, I was able to  reset my name to SarahKS on Friday.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As many members of the Community have discovered, there are some issues remaining with new members having their phone number displayed as their Community ID.

Please Note: If you were Community member before the update, please attempt to reclaim your existing Community ID first.

1. Login to My Sprint
  2. Click the My preferences tab
  3. Here's where it gets tricky  - click on the Change username or password link under  the My Sprint heading. (The Update display name and notifications link under My Community  profile will not work! - Getting that label changed in an upcoming release)

This is the page you'll update. I highlighted the box in red.

my prefs.jpg

53 Comments

Even though most of Sprint.com is back up and running, we have customers reporting intermittent problems. If the site is not working for you, please try the following steps to resolve the issue:

General Troubleshooting

• Try this first: Clear your browser cache and delete *.sprint.com cookies. Restart browser.
  • If you can't' find the bill payment options? Sign in, then go to http://www.sprint.com/paybill
  • If a page doesn't render properly, hit F5 or reload the page

If these steps don't help and you want to report the problem, please see the steps below.

Issue Reporting

Since the Community is still read only, we still have to rely on posting comments to blogs reporting technical problems on the site.  Please remember the following guidelines when creating a comment:

• Be clear and concise - I know that everyone is frustrated.  We are too. There are other blogs on this site that you can use to comment on to express your opinion
  • Do include step-by-step instructions so the triage team can recreate
  • Do not include any personal or account information.
  • Include the page URLs if you can

Your feedback is invaluable to making  Sprint.com the best it can be.  I will make sure that the issues are documented and reported.  Thanks for hanging in there with us.

173 Comments

[Additional FAQs - SarahKS]

The Sprint.com team has been working since early Sunday morning to roll out the latest version of the Homepage, My Sprint, Community and Support.

This project brings more than just a new look to the Web site; customers and visitors will benefit from having a single sign-on for My Sprint, Support and the Community, along with more personalized support and services content. We've also added account management functions like the ability to set access permissions to your account, and we’ve streamlined other account management tools so they're easier to find, and use. Finally, we’ve added alerts to My Sprint so you can stay up-to-date with activity on your account.

Also, if you haven’t participated in the Community before, you’ll get to see why it has been so popular. We’re pulling popular posts relevant to your phone and services right into My Sprint so you can get advice and assistance from the crowd.

Needless to say, this is a significant overhaul to the site; one that involves some new platforms and extensive testing to ensure site functions and all the systems the website feeds work flawlessly -- and the website remains stable. Site launches of this scale and complexity can encounter launch issues, and we’ve been working through several that have resulted in the website being unavailable to some customers.

Our teams have been working around the clock—literally--to get the site up for all of our customers. While this work is ongoing, we are allowing some traffic into the site, and monitoring stability for those customers who are able to sign in.

While the site is down, customers can use the automated system from their Sprint phones to perform many account management functions. These calls do not use plan minutes.

* Dial *4 to get account balance information
    * Dial *3 to make an automated payment
    * Dial *2 to call customer care

In addition, the Facebook and iGoogle My Sprint widgets are available to customers.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and will let our customers know when the site is restored via Twitter (@sprint and @sprintdotcom) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/sprint).

FAQs

When will the site be back up?
Our intent is to have the site back up as soon as possible. We have teams working-literally-around the clock.

Why is it taking so long for Sprint to get the site back up?
We want it up just as much as you do (if not more…) and have been burning all sorts of midnight oil to get it there. As you may imagine the changes we’re making to enhance our customers’ experiences online are quite complex and like any technology, you can encounter some issues along the way. We appreciate your patience while we work to get the site back up as quickly as possible.

Why are you working on the Web site instead of concentrating on improving the customer experience?
The changes we’re making to Sprint.com are one of several initiatives that will continue to enhance our customers’ experiences. In addition, Sprint continues to roll out 4G services, make network improvements and focus on providing the best devices in the industry today.

My texts/Web/PictureMail/Family Locator/Voicemail/email/etc... isn't working on my phone. Is this because the site is down?
Any issue you may be having is completely unrelated to the Sprint.com status. Although My Sprint is a convenient spot to access and manage your services, the systems that actually power those features are not associated with the website.

Some people are saying they can get into the site. Why can they get in but I can't?
As we work to restore access, some visitors will be able to sign in and others won't. This is simply a result of timing and current traffic loads.

Can I access Family Locator while My Sprint is offline?

Yes; visit http://sfl.sprintpcs.com

Can I access Wireless Backup while My Sprint is offline?
Yes; visit http://wirelessbackup.sprint.com

I'm a business customer; can I get into Wireless Manager?
Yes; you can sign in at https://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/registration/jsp/WirelessManagerlogin.jsp

Can I activate a phone online while My Sprint is offline?
Depending on which systems are available, you may be able to activate a phone online. Visit http://www.sprint.com/activate

I can’t pay my bill online, how do I make a payment?

Although paying your bill online is certainly one way to make a payment, Sprint offers a number of ways to make payments. You can dial *3 from your Sprint phone to make a payment using our automated system or with a live rep —this does not use your plan minutes. You can also stop by a Sprint store to make a payment.  You will not incur a fee for making payments via these three methods.  Additionally, you can make a payment through your bank’s online bill payment service.

31 Comments

We're really excited about the  changes to My Sprint and the Communiy, but realize that there may be  some glitches here and there.

If you are unable to log in to the Community after Sunday, add a comment to this post describing the issue.

If you ecounter a problem with My Sprint or the Community after you've successfully logged in to the Community go to the Website Problem Reporting discussion forum and if:

• the problem is already reported, reply to the original thread so we know that an issues affects more than 1 member.
  • isn't  listed, please give as much detail as possible. We love step-by-step details, error messages and screen shots.

Just  a reminder - Don't include any personal or account information in your  post!