Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th htc touch pro on its way same problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

4th htc touch pro on its way same problem

and that is the dang keyboard keeps going out. Sprint when you gonna issue a recall and fix the problem? Waiting till the touch pro 2? sigh I hope i dont have to go through anymore phones

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

We've only had 2 or 3 phones come into our store with keyboard issues since it was released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What do you mean keeps going out. Like in your pocket, or it justs slides open outta nowhere?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My first Touch Pro did this too - To start with, your keyboard will randomly "hang" - you type, and then 30-40 seconds later it enters the text. After several weeks, it stop working unless you open and shut the slider several times. After about two months, it will completely stop working.

The store that replaced mine told me it was the first they had ever seen that did that - so maybe there was a bad run somewhere. I've had two more since then and neither has done it, and no one I know with one has had it happen either.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the store I took mine to when I upgraded my other line and added antoher said it was a known issue. I forgot to ask her to do an advanced exchange though so I did it when i goth ome they sent another a refurb and the camera didnt work so now they sent me another one brand new 4/22/09 on the manufature date and so far so good though the screen protector woudlnt go on lol. I am really getting sick of changing phones number 5 I am on now. I am not abusive with mine they all look brand new when I send them back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have same issue with my touch pro is there a fix out there for the keyboard, it have not work for about a month

Highlighted
Journeyman

You will probably need to get Sprint to swap it out for you, because I think that's actually a hardware problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my HTC Touch Pro for 3 months, all of a sudden, for NO REASON, when I slide the keyboard out, it doesn't work...and I use the phone for my alarm and twice now the phone has froze on me in the middle of the night.  Once at 617am just before my alarm was supposed to go off at 630 and this morning at 337am....It was plugged in to charge over night and it just froze.  I have to unplug it and take the battery out in order to restart it.  This, is NOT, ok....

Highlighted
Wizard

You should bring the device to a Sprint store for them to look at.

Highlighted
Master

Seriously, I agree. Take it to a Sprint store for them to service or evaluate.

I can't believe your having this much probelm wit hthe phone. I have had the phone since last Oct-Nov when it came out and haven't had any of these problems. The Instinct on the other hand made me fit to be tied.

It sounds like you use the slide out keyboard quite a bit since that seems to be your failing point. My question is, how much or often do you use the keyboard? I rarely use the keyboard and perform everything with the on screen keyboard. Maybe a couple times a month I may actually use the keyboard to type a web address. But the majority of the time, I just use the on screen keyboard or SIP. But with heavy usage, maybe the keyboard just can't handle the constant sliding/closing?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat