Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8XT vs Ativ S Neo - International Capability

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

8XT vs Ativ S Neo - International Capability

The press release for the Ativ S Neo touted "international roaming" capabilities. Does this mean using an International Data Pack or being able to unlock and use a local SIM card in a foreign country?

How does this compare to the 8XT, which also appears to have a SIM slot? Does it support unlocking and ability to use a foreign SIM when travelling?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: 8XT vs Ativ S Neo - International Capability

Well since the Ativ S Neo is just a fantasy would have to say the 8xt is better option by default

Journeyman

The ATIV S Neo has international compatible radios, so it's more likely to be able to use foreign networks if needed. The 8XT does not have the same internationally rated radios.

Wizard

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding international usage on the Windows phones.  I don't believe the 8XT is international capable.  Regarding the Atis S Neo, the device would need to have International Pack added on for international roaming.  In order for the device to be unlocked, the phone needs to be active on a Sprint account for at least 90 days while account being in good standing.  ASL account are not eligible.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

This Is why I did not get the HTC 8XT. The Samsung Neo is an High end and way way better smartphone. HTC 8XT is just a midrange smartphone but it also a good phone to use.

Journeyman

Thanks for the responses.

JustDarryl - The current International Data Pack rates appear steep for my needs, so I'm more interested in using a foreign SIM when travelling. Just to confirm: If unlocked, are both the 8XT and Ativ S Neo capable of supporting that?

Wizard

bdawg21,

Only the Ativ S Neo would be supported.  Sprint's international department is only able to unlock world capable devices.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat