Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8XT vs Ativ S Neo - International Capability

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

8XT vs Ativ S Neo - International Capability

The press release for the Ativ S Neo touted "international roaming" capabilities. Does this mean using an International Data Pack or being able to unlock and use a local SIM card in a foreign country?

How does this compare to the 8XT, which also appears to have a SIM slot? Does it support unlocking and ability to use a foreign SIM when travelling?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

bdawg21,

Only the Ativ S Neo would be supported.  Sprint's international department is only able to unlock world capable devices.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well since the Ativ S Neo is just a fantasy would have to say the 8xt is better option by default

Highlighted
Journeyman

The ATIV S Neo has international compatible radios, so it's more likely to be able to use foreign networks if needed. The 8XT does not have the same internationally rated radios.

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding international usage on the Windows phones.  I don't believe the 8XT is international capable.  Regarding the Atis S Neo, the device would need to have International Pack added on for international roaming.  In order for the device to be unlocked, the phone needs to be active on a Sprint account for at least 90 days while account being in good standing.  ASL account are not eligible.

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

This Is why I did not get the HTC 8XT. The Samsung Neo is an High end and way way better smartphone. HTC 8XT is just a midrange smartphone but it also a good phone to use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the responses.

JustDarryl - The current International Data Pack rates appear steep for my needs, so I'm more interested in using a foreign SIM when travelling. Just to confirm: If unlocked, are both the 8XT and Ativ S Neo capable of supporting that?

Highlighted
Wizard

bdawg21,

Only the Ativ S Neo would be supported.  Sprint's international department is only able to unlock world capable devices.

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat