Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another No-Show for Sprint and Windows Phone 8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Another No-Show for Sprint and Windows Phone 8

Surprise, surprise.  I don't know about eveyone else but I am truly getting bummed about the lack of Sprint's name being mentioned on carrier support for all the Windows Phone 8 devices coming out.  The new HTC Windows Phone 8X was just announced with AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon launching the phone.  What an upset, get with it Sprint!

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/19/3345684/windows-phone-8x-by-htc-specs-release-date-features

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree, trully upsetting!!!  With the lack of LTE, the poor 3g data speeds and no WP8 options it might be time to leave sprint after 10 plus years!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just want to also express my desire for Sprint to offer Windows Phone 8 phones.  And then actually support them!  I'm a current Android phone owner (Photon 4G), my wife has BB, kids each have Android. 

We don't want iPhone's.  Spent 3 years ridding myself of their closed & locked in system.  I'm also looking for phones that just work...so please consider adding Windows Phone 8!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think Sprint is going to have to rethink their 'No WP8 phones' thought process with the great looking new hardware that is coming out coupled with the new OS for tablets and computers. There is a buzz right now and the potential to churn customers because of the lack of options when 3 of the big 4 are going to offer WP8 phones.  US Cellular has also stated they are planning on stocking some of the new windows phones too.   I've been with Android since the Hero came out and am intrigued by what windows is doing and I could theoretically see a similar ecosystem that Apple has established with the ipod-ipad-iphone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are likely two things that will cause Sprint to carry WP8.  The first is losing subscribers who say they're doing so because of the dirth of WP8 devices.  The second is high WP8 sales.  Sprint isn't big enough to carry WP8, iPhone, and Android and they're sticking with the market leaders.  But if Windows Phone 8 is a success and starts cutting into the market share, Sprint will likely pick it up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very true but if Windows-Mobile and THEN try an add a Windows 8 phone to its line up but by that time it will be too late. Offer all the best phones, and let the customers decide what they want! All of the experts are praising Windows 8 devices and that's how it starts, customer keep hearing great reviews about something they get interested in it and want to check it out. Sprints just missing the boat on this one. When Windows 8 devices start cutting market share, Sprint will lose out on a lot of those initial customers because they don't even offer the phone. Sprint will lose customers to AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile because they don't have a Windows 8 device and then try an pick one up for their line up but by that time its too late they will have missed the initial release buzz. Customers either switched over or already locked in a 2 year contract. BIG miss for Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope they do something. I really want windows phone 8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seriously Sprint?  You are the only major carrier that hasn't booked a WP8 phone.  No WP8 phone when my contract is up = me going to another carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's truly depressing. Remember when Sprint was proud to be THE FIRST at things? The first Nodo Windows Phone in America? The first national 4G network? Etc.? Now, they just follow. Oh, we have a HTC One X, Galaxy S 3, iPhone 4+5, and Galaxy Note TOO.

So does everybody else, Sprint.

Unlimited data is useless as a differentiator because your speeds are so lagging AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon. Every Facebook post is filled with vitriol. You were the slowest carrier to sell out on iPhone 5 pre-orders. Your two biggest manufacturers, Samsung and HTC, are supporting Windows 8. Why aren't you?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I love Sprint but they have been making bad decisions lately. Taking a big loss with the iPhone wasn’t smart or cheap considering Windows Phone 7 had received better reviews just think what sales would have been if they had gotten a flagship Windows Phone 7. It looks like Dan got caught up with the i-Craze and just had to get an iPhone as well but his position at Sprint prevented him from going to another carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MatConTech wrote:

I love Sprint but they have been making bad decisions lately. Taking a big loss with the iPhone wasn’t smart or cheap considering Windows Phone 7 had received better reviews just think what sales would have been if they had gotten a flagship Windows Phone 7. It looks like Dan got caught up with the i-Craze and just had to get an iPhone as well but his position at Sprint prevented him from going to another carrier.

Wait wait wait. Are you suggesting that a flagship WP7 (or even WP8) phone would have outsold and brought in more new subscribers than the iPhone did? If so, I think we know one reason why Dan Hesse is running Sprint and you're not.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ya that's not what I said. Sprint has no right saying WP platform is not worth investing when they had a cheap phone and didnt do any marketing for it. A flagship phone would have had more sales. Also calling Dan out on the bad decision on taking a loss on the iPhone. Sorry I forgot most trolls cant put 2 & 2 together.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat