cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news on the Samsung ATIV S Neo WP 8.1 Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any news on the Samsung ATIV S Neo WP 8.1 Update

Is there any update on this? I saw multiple posting saying that an update was going to come out sometime this summer, but it hasn't materialized. I have seen that there has been a timeframe announced for the 8XT. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years and carry 3 lines on my plan. Maybe I am just bad at picking phones, but it seems every phone that I have bought in the past 5 years fails to get updates. These devices were Android flagship devices for Sprint when they came out. I am not saying it is a Sprint issue, but as an account holder I am more of a customer to you than the device manufacturer. Obviously iOS & Android are your bread and butter, but the fact remains you have sold plenty of WP devices and they are not getting upgrades and we are not getting answers when we can expect upgrades. There would be an uproar if iPhone users couldn't get the latest and greatest update to iOS as soon as it was made available to the public. For Android & WP devices the manufacturers(who just want to sell more devices) have no desire to upgrade the software on the devices if they can charge for new hardware. This is where you need to speak for your customers who are paying to use that device on your network. There needs to be transparency into these types of things. Had I known that I would still be waiting this long for an official WP 8.1 update, I would have moved carriers when my contract was up.

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Master

DERGHKAGE,

I do apologize for the limited information. For the latest info, please visit http://bit.ly/1fhwPgh.

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Verizon even downgraded their Lumia series update status which makes me believe it's a CDMA network issue to get the firmware and software to play nice. At this rate all the CDMA windows phones will be updated just like my HTC Arrive...Ha!

Highlighted
Master

LVBLVR1,
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I'm here to assist you.
- James
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat