cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any rumors of Sprint getting a high end WP7 phone in the near future? (big screen, 4G)

Journeyman

Re: Any rumors of Sprint getting a high end WP7 phone in the near future? (big screen, 4G)

All the WebOS Sprint owners are going to want a WP7 device. So if Sprint picks up a high end WP7 device, I know I would be sticking with Sprint.

Journeyman

Any rumors of Sprint getting a high end WP7 phone in the near future? (big screen, 4G)

I've looked high and low for any news about upcoming wp7 phones on sprint.  Why buy the arrive now with a 1 gig processor and small screen when all other phones coming out now have dual core processors and 4.3" screens.

Sprint offers a dozen or so smartphones (almost all android) but they are essentially the same phone with slightly differnet screens. 

Need more options Sprint!

My contract is up in jan, if you don't offer a nice WP7 phone, i'm going to big red!

Journeyman

hopefully Sprint has a better line next year hopefully they are reading these fourms and realizeing that wp7 is like android when it first started. i think i said this in another post but i am a big fan of wp7 and i love htc phones but i wouldnt mind chaneing up from my htc touch pros (touch pro 2 and touch pro wp7) and going with samsungs gallaxy S Wp7 type phone. hopefully it comes out this year.

Journeyman

I'm fairly involved in WP7 development, and I'm pretty sure I saw a mango spec that said WiMAX was supported in the OS, so we do have that to look forward to.

I also echo the thoughts of others by saying that I, also, would like to see an EVO-like WP7 device on Sprint. The HD7s is a really nice phone, with the Super LCD screen and the 4.3 inch display. The battery life in WP7, currently, is still very good compared to the poor battery life I get on my EVO with Android 2.3...but the great news is that Mango makes battery life EVEN better.

I say this after using android for nearly 2 years. WP7 is a really good mobile OS, and is much more appealing to me, than Android.

So Sprint, please listen up and know that your customers want an HD7s 4G or EVO 7 4G in the near future. Make it happen!

Journeyman

I'm really hoping the rumored HTC Titan X310e comes to Sprint as a follow up to the old HTC Titan on Sprint aka the Mogul.  It is rumored to be HD7ish only slightly larger with up to date hardware and a front facing camera.

Journeyman

I just saw Engadget's report on the Titan yesterday and in the video, they revealed it had a SIM card.  SIM cards are normally used on GSM networks and I think this means that the Titan is going to AT&T.  Sadly, Sprint once again appears to be sucking wind.  I've been a Sprint customer since 1998 and I'm considering switching because of the poor WP7 selection.  I'm getting burned out by OEM's that consider Sprint an afterthought.

Journeyman

Yeah, my comment was before the official specs came out....  I too have been a Sprint customer for many years and I am finally getting tired of seeing the options everyone else has and we have to wait a long time before Sprint catches on and gets rolling.  Sprint is all over Android and that's great for the Android fans but I'm getting tired of Android and want options.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, bring some more high and mid range WP7 devices but please don't just limit it to HTC.  Get some LG's, Samsungs, and especially Nokia's.  I would absolutely upgrade my HTC Arrive to a high end Nokia WP7 if I knew Sprint would get one.

Journeyman

I have not got the slightest Idea what is Keeping Sprint from moving foward on Windows Phones ??

come on .. the Arrive is an OK phone but its the worst Windows Phone.. of all the phones for sprint to pick

why is there no Samsung WP on Sprint ? or an LG or the Dell Phone ...

and why is there NO talk at all about Windows Phones and Sprint

this is Nuts..

Journeyman

Look what i found out today I mean it snot 100% guaranteed but its hell Exciting.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-SGH-i708-hits-the-FCC-a-WP-Mango-remake-of-the-Omnia-7_id2195...

After reading it twice I wanted to jump and scream like a little girl but am at work so no can do.

Journeyman

Re: Any rumors of Sprint getting a high end WP7 phone in the near future? (big screen, 4G)

I've seen that story myself and I'm excited too that @ least a 4in screen appears to be on the 'near horizon' for either Sprint and/or Verizon.  Even though I was hoping to see a Samsung GSII-like device (4.5in amoled screen) but Im grateful for small mercies i guess.

I also hope Sprint does what AT&T did and launch multiple Windows Phone 7 (Mango) Devices later this Fall from HTC, LG and Samsung and that a 4G device is included.  Im looking at you HTC TITAN (4.7in Eternity Screen).

Journeyman

I would stand in-line for the new HTC Titan if/when Sprint could get their grubby little retail paws on it...

Techiedude

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat