Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any rumors of Sprint getting a high end WP7 phone in the near future? (big screen, 4G)

Journeyman

Any rumors of Sprint getting a high end WP7 phone in the near future? (big screen, 4G)

Sprint chose the Arrive for their only WP7 phone to date.  While it is nice that Sprint chose a phone with a phyiscal keyboard for those that want it - it sucks for anyone who didn't want a bulky, small screened phone.   It would have been much better if Sprint gave a choice between the Arrive and an HD7S or a Focus.  Sprint sells the large screened, slim EVO and the small screened, fat EVO Shift.   Even though the shift has newer screen technology, guess which one still sells more on a monthly basis.   Clearly the majority of people prefer large screened, slim devices.   Why is Sprint giving us no choice on WP7?

With Mango coming out, that certainly opens up more options for processors and 4G - hopefully  Sprint will SOON get some better WP7 phone.  I should stress the SOON a bit more - please Sprint - say it with me - SOON.

I would like something like the EVO 3D or Samsung Galaxy S II running WP7 - not something like the Touch Pro 2 running WP7.

Things I would like -

A 4.3" or even 4.5" Super Amoled Plus screen if not a 4.3" or 4.5" Super LCD screen - did I make the LARGE screen clear enough?

A 4G connection (someone is welcome to chime in 4G isn't supported till Mango or 4G drains battery.   They could have released it on 4G hardware and said you'll have to wait for the patch just like copy and paste.   You can turn off 4G if you are worried about it draining your battery).  Please also assure us that it can be converted from Wimax to LTE when Sprint goes with the rest of the world.

A BT 3.0 connection.

A LARGE battery - 1650-1730 mah like the Galaxy S II or the EVO 3D

SLIM - like the Galaxy SII or the EVO 3D.

Feel free to throw in a faster processor as mango will support multitasking and that is sure to take advantage of more processing power than WP7 currently uses.

31 REPLIES 31
Journeyman

TECHIEDUDE wrote:

I would stand in-line for the new HTC Titan if/when Sprint could get their grubby little retail paws on it...

Techiedude

After owning an EVO 3D for a couple of months, I doubt I'll be buying another HTC phone any time soon.   I've had 4 HTC Sprint phones throught the past several years and all were great.   I returned the diamond becuase of radio issues on it.   I've had three 3Ds and they all have a signal issue.   I know other people who have them and they all have issues as well with garbled calls and dropped calls.   I can be in an office right next to other people with sprint phones and they can make and receive calls where mine drops calls even though they have 3 to 4 bars on their phones.

I was travelling when my 3D 30 days came up so I'm stuck with this POS.   I'd like a WP7 phone but may get the Epic Touch 4G only because I doubt Sprint will get any good WP7 phone any time soon.

Journeyman
Journeyman

I've got four smartphones on a family plan, all up for renewal.  We need three thin WP 7.5 phones (to replace our three HTC Heros), and at least one WP 7.5 world phone.  If the Arrive had been a world phone like the TP2 it replaced, I'd have bought it already.

If Sprint doesn't have viable Windows Phone options for me in the next month or so, I might be forced to take the whole family to AT&T.

Journeyman

Believe it or not, I'm in the exact same boat.  I have 3 phones currently and I'm looking at another three phones (six total).  It appears to me that Sprint just isn't onboard with anything other than Android and I don't know why.  I'm not a fan of AT&T by any stretch of the imagination but after 13 years with Sprint, I figure it's probably time to start looking around.  I'm waiting until the Nokia's hit and then I'll be out shopping.  Unlimited data isn't much good when you can't get service and the phone selection sucks.

Journeyman

The Arrive is a great phone especially compared to the LG Quantum. I agree that Sprint needs more WPs from other manufacturers and more variety than android. It’s great that the IPhone is finally making an appearance on Sprint but I hope Sprint keeps it up and get some Nokia WPs and the HTC Titan.

Journeyman

Hopefully Sprint will get the HTC Titan

Journeyman

I really hope Sprint get the HTC Titan and some Nokia Windows Phone. Samsung, LG, and other manufacturers would be great as well. People want more than just having a selection of Android to choose from. With Sprint getting the IPhone I think it is a great idea for both Sprint and Apple and it adds to the competition. With competition the phones will continue to get better but Sprint needs to push sales in their windows Phone department where they are lacking if they ever want leave the number 3 spot in America. 😉 Plenty of people know about the IOS and how to use an IPhone and it has sold out online for preorders and is a guarantee success for Sprint. Their Android selection is already a success. Now its time to jump on Windows because it's the next big thing that is to happened and is has passed Black berry making it number 3 next to Apple which is number 2 and Android which is number 1. If Sprint advertise WP and get more selections of it, Sprint just might move up to number 2 in America. It is a future investment which will have people from the other OS switching to Microsoft Windows Phone. I doubt there will be many people switching from Windows to the other OS besides Android because of its openness and then switching back because it does the same thing the Windows Mobile OS did. Time will tell and I hope Sprint gets it right because I would hate to leave Sprint after 8 years with their best plan in America to go to AT&T because of their variety. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6945KvWGPME&feature=player_embedded HTC TITAN.jpg

Journeyman

God I wish they would start talking about windows phones ??

what is the hold up with Sprint, I'm so sick of ANDROID everywhere ...

the OS Quality is Crap..

Journeyman

There was a story on Bloomberg yesterday stating that HTC and Samsung were going to start a bigger WP7 advertising campaign with carriers.  My hope will be that Sprint will finally get on board with WP.  Until now, it's been pretty much all Android all the time.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat