cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see attachments

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot see attachments

If someone sends an email with the attachment in the body of the mail, I can't see it on my Treo 850w (Pro). The message doesn't even show as having an attachment in the inbox list. On a PC, with outlook, the attachment icon shows, and the file is visible and can be opened.

Is there a way to see these, or a place to look for them?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Cannot see attachments

Depends on if your phone knows how to open the attachment or not, but it should be possible. Does the Treo Pro have Davitz Docs to go software to read office documents? If not, you may have to buy it to be able to view word/ppt/excel docs. It's been a while since i've been on a WinMo phone, but check your settings/menu options to see if it is enabled. You may also have to click something to download the attachment.

Journeyman

I can open these types of files just fine.

The problem is that in some mails, the attachments are not detected by the Win Mo application. If I go to a real computer and open the mail mesage, the "attachement" is in the body of the message. In Outlook, the preview, or whatever with the inbox listing, has the icon indicating an attachment but the Win Mo mail program can't seem to detect it. In many cases, I know that there is or should be an attachment but cannot see it to try to open it.

I hate to say it, but once again, WM "Pro" simply isn't professional strength. As another example, it will not open password protected Office files.

Does Davits perform that "professional" function?

Wizard

Ok, so you are saying you can open word/ppt/excel file attachments just fine? So what types are causing an issue, just password protected ones?

I tried to open a password protected word document on my Hero and BlackBerry, and neither one could open. The BlackBerry has the standard version of docs to go and gave me a message stating I need to upgrade to premium to view this type of file.  The Hero uses a program called Quick Office, and it just gives an error that says unable to open document.

If you need to be able to open password protected files, you may need to upgrade to some premium document software.

Journeyman

With Mobile Office for WM 6, it's any kind of password protected file from Office.

The irony is that you would think Microsoft would be the ones providing a solution to opening files created by their own products.

There is a forum for people selling WinMo phones; even they can't imagine a good excuse for this.

And as I said, MS has the gall to label this OS "Pro". If I keep this phone I may try Doc's to go. On the files it can open, Mobile Office does a pretty bad job.

Journeyman

Did you get the answer you needed?

Journeyman

No progress on password protected files; I've just tried a BB Tour and given it back. I now have a Touch Pro 2, and although it is much harder to use than the Treo Pro, will likely keep it, or at least stick with WinMo long enough to justify Docs to Go Pro or whatever.

On the embedded attachments, I haven't received any lately, nor can I create any with Outlook 2003 where there is a file such as a PDF, excel or word doc file in the body of the message. The problem mails may have been composed on a Blackberry. If I send the Touch Pro 2 a message that has a jpg or wordpad object embedded, they are visible in the body.

Thanks,

John

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat