cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 'By Summer' mean 'By the start of summer'?

Journeyman

Does 'By Summer' mean 'By the start of summer'?

...or something different?  My original HTC EVO's camera has failed, the case is a duct-taped mess, and I really don't have enough release info for the Windows 8 phones to decide whether to buy a new roll. 

Brian

10 REPLIES 10
Wizard

Re: Does 'By Summer' mean 'By the start of summer'?

Duct tape fixes just about everything, I hope a whole new roll doesn't need to be used by Summer.  I'm also anxious for the Windows 8 launch.  I'm hoping it's the beginning of Summer or slightly sooner.  There's no official date yet, but you can keep posted at www.sprint.com/windows8

Thanks

*Darryl

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Here are the Sprint Windows Phone 8 phones coming in May or June...

Samsung ATIV S

HTC Tiara

http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/26/4148298/sprint-windows-phone-samsung-ativ-s-htc-tiara

Highlighted
Journeyman

I gave up on waiting, and ordered a Galaxy Note 2 today.

Brian

Wizard

BrianDerm,

I apologize to have kept you waiting. The Galaxy Note 2 is a great device. We still don't have an ETA for the Windows 8 phones but we now have official word that they ARE actually coming: http://www.sprint.com/landings/windows8/index.html?ECID=vanity:windows8

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

Just switch carriers. I'm out of contract so when Tmobile gets the Lumia 925 I'm gone. Should be out in a couple of weeks. Sprint is taking too long and their lack of answers means it could be September or later which I don't want to wait that long for a mid tier overpriced device.

Wizard

EZE4DA3747,

We are definitely working to bring this to you as quickly as possible as we want to make sure we give you GREAT devices.

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

When???? You guys said back in January you were getting devices so that part shouldn't have been a mystery. You've had that homepage up for nearly 6 months stating that you will be getting Windows Phone devices. All you've done is reiterated something that all of us have known for awhile.

You can't say great devices because these are mid tier phones priced like flagships. This is going to be the HTC Arrive all over again. I don't even know why I bother responding to you guys with your cookie cutter answers.

You guys are in the wrong here no matter how you like it or not. You can make a million excuses, but bottom line, Sprint didn't want to jump on board in the beginning, and now Sprint is blaming everyone but themselves for the delay while the other carriers have been releasing phones. You guys don't even carry the Lumia. You ignored a portion of your customer base for nearly a year and only providing sporadic updates to keep everyone's hope up and not to switch carriers.  

Wizard

EZE4DA3747,

I apologize but at this time we do not have any other official information regarding these new devices except that we will be releasing them soon. 

Dania

Social Media Team

Journeyman

I know you don't

Wizard

EZE4DA3747,

Thanks for your reply. Although a definitive date has not be released, rest assured the launch date is quickly approaching. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat