cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know which WP8 devices can be unlocked and used on Sprint's network?

Highlighted

Does anyone know which WP8 devices can be unlocked and used on Sprint's network?

I'm completely out of ideas on what to do. I've been with Sprint for 7 years (I'm now 21), and my family has been with them for 18 years, but because this horrible excuse of a phone service decides to toss out Windows Phone users aside, I need to make a decision. My deadline is June 16th, even though my contract ended at the very beginning of the year. I've been patient, but my Arrive is dying and quickly, replacing it twice in less than 2 months.

Either I'm going to go solo and move to Verizon or AT&T, which I should, but would rather not to save myself money; Continue to wait for something that may never happen, or just cave and buy a Windows 8 phone that can be unlocked and used with Sprint. So as the title asks, are any of the phones on windowsphone.com that are compatible with Sprint? And if so, which ones?

Thanks in advance to anyone that knows! This type of information is just something my brain can't understand!

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Does anyone know which WP8 devices can be unlocked and used on Sprint's network?

Simple answer.. is None. GSM (being AT&T/T-Mobile) Windows Phones cannot be used on Sprint's Network (due to Sprint being a CDMA carrier). Verizon Windows Phone 8 devices cannot be used due differences in the CDMA technology (Verizon uses different Mhz than Sprint and vice versa).

Wizard

Re: Does anyone know which WP8 devices can be unlocked and used on Sprint's network?

DamianDevera,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and we apologize for the delayed response. What sjkramer29 has advised is correct, another carriers WP8 device will not be compatible with the Sprint network due to differences with technologies.

If you have not made decision as of yet regarding your choice in providers or equipment, Sprint will be releasing the HTC 8XT on July 19th for our Windows phones fans. For details please see Fact Sheet: HTC 8XT | Sprint Newsroom

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat