Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does windows mobile ever have any updates?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does windows mobile ever have any updates?

Does windows moblile ever have any updates?  I have the HTC TP2 and under settings and selecting windows update there is always an error and nothing ever has been updated.  I still have 6.1 and plan to keep it unil they fix any issues with 6.5 if ever.  If you have 6.5 are there any updates? Sof far I have been happy with this phone.  Never have had any major issues.  Thanks

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Does windows mobile ever have any updates?

There is a major update in the works that will be available to Sprint customers next year and it's called Windows Phone 7.  Unfortunately, you'll need to buy a new device to get the update.

I'm no expert so take this with a grain of salt, but with a new OS on the horizon I'd be surprised if 6.5 gets any updates.

You should grad 6.5 from the HTC Web site.  It's graphically superior to 6.1 and runs smoothly.  the only downside I could ever see was that 6.5 didn't close apps as efficiently as 6.1 did, but if you put the native task manager on the home screen you can handle that.

The TP2 is a sweet device.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat