cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual-core Snapdragon Windows Phone 8 Being Tested

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dual-core Snapdragon Windows Phone 8 Being Tested

Dual-core Snapdragon Windows Phone 8 Being Tested for Sprint.

http://www.everythingwm.com/dual-core-snapdragon-windows-phone-8-being-tested-for-sprint/2012/02/29/...

"According to a report this morning on The Verge, Microsoft’s engineering team is currently testing a dual-core Snapdragon S4 Windows Phone 8 handset for Sprint. What’s more, the expectation is for this phone to be released later this year. It isn’t all good news though, will one source indicating that Sprint won’t carry another Windows Phone until later this year, when Windows Phone 8 is available.

The Snapdragon S4 is the same processor being utilized by the HTC One X, an Android phone announced earlier this week at Mobile World Congress. Windows Phone 8 will likely bring with it multi-core support that would allow for these dual and possibly quad-core processors.

Sprint’s current Windows Phone lineup is limited to the HTC Arrive, a phone released in early 2011.

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

Re: Dual-core Snapdragon Windows Phone 8 Being Tested

Want.

Journeyman

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phone-8-rumors-nokia-prepping-pureview-and-qwerty-devices-lenovo-and-...

Indicates Sprint is launching another QWERTY slider with WP8. REALLY? Another slider?! With the fantastic on-screen keyboard of Windows Phone, a physical keyboard is no longer necessary.

I WANT A THIN WINDOWS PHONE WITHOUT A PHYSICAL KEYBOARD!!! THIN!!!! COME ON SPRINT, LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMER. ALTHOUGH YOU HAVEN’T BEEN LISTENING TO ME ON OTHER ISSUES LATELY….

Journeyman

Slider is so disappointing.  The 800x480 is also not what I was looking for.

Journeyman

Only time I ever use my slider on Arrive is when I need to move through text a character at a time, otherwise needless useless bulk. WM8 supports 4 resolution sizes so I guess the proposed phone hardware is 800 x 480?

Journeyman

So, it's probably not worth a heck of a lot, but the only thing I loved about the Arrive was the physical keyboard.  I don't get the disdain.

Wizard

While I like the slimmer form factor and marginally lower cost of touchscreen-only devices, I really miss the speed and accuracy of having a physical keyboard.

-Donnie

Journeyman

with physical keyboard is more comfortable than touchcreen keyboard... I'm a HTC Arrive owner and I love my phone, but I need to change it!! I want a phone with frontal camera, physical keyboard and WP8

Journeyman

Your agreement with us for SANCHEZ (787) ***-**** will be completed on 06/01/12. We ♥ you, and to say thanks for spending time with us: Save $150 on a new phone now! LOL!!! NO Windows Phone?? No more spend time on Sprint... I Love Windows Phone, if Sprint announce a new Windows Phone soon(to July) I accept the Sprint agreement again, but Im thinking to change to At&t and obtain a beautiful Nokia Lumia 900

Journeyman

One thing I'd want to know B if I was looking at any WM phone now is if it will be ungradable to WM 8 later this year.

Journeyman

Come on Sprint!!. Give us some cutting edge Windows Phones wtih 4G... Do you really need another Android taking up shelve space?

Journeyman

I skipped my EVO upgrade and am going to wait a maximum of November when my wifes upgrade is available and her contract is up.

If sprint does not have a good windows phone by then I am history. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat