ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early 2010 for WinMo 6.5 Touch Pro 2 upgrade? Seriously?

Journeyman

Re: Early 2010 for WinMo 6.5 Touch Pro 2 upgrade? Seriously?

I have a hard time understanding why people who have read any posts in this forum or any other phone forum would even want a Sprint ROM.   Even though this is just a beta build of WM it is probably going to be a later release of WM 6.5 than Sprint will release, it also is more likely to be stable, have more features and less crashes.  http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86489   If you don't like this build - just wait one more week and you can get a newer one. 

Master

Can't wait until him and others start porting to the VGA phones.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Journeyman

I'd check the compatibility of that ROM carefully before trying it. Being a 'generic' update, it may be for the unlocked version of the phone, in which case it might not work on Sprint phones and may even brick them.

Journeyman

That update is for GSM devices only. As an update, I've file a complaint with Kansas, Virginia, and Missouri State AG offices over false advertising. This was supposed to be available upon launch of 6.5, not at EOL of the product.

Journeyman

Yeah, I thought the same thing. However, this is an update from the OEM, which I trust more than one that someone "cooked" and who knows what they did to those( removing and adding stuff )

Journeyman

Just FYI, you can now install 6.5 on your CDMA TP2 from sprint.  I installed the MightyRom.  Go here -->http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579 for all of the instructions.  This was my first attempt at every flashing a phone but it went very smoothly.  The only issues that I had was that I had to track down the sprint cabs for NFL, TV, etc.  Otherwise this worked very well!

Good Luck!

Journeyman

I got my Touch Pro 2 last week and I love the phone, but I want 6.5. I would use the custom ROMs, but I'd rather not. Any new updates on when we can expect an official ROM from Sprint? Why is Sprint usually the last to push out updates?

Journeyman

I see this is a Europe release, has anyone tried it?  Any issues?  The only thing I would miss from a Sprint build is the Navigation.  Anyway to install that afterwards?

Journeyman

When you unlock your phone to install custom ROMS, you void the warranty for your phone.   Be careful.   My touch pro got destroyed from upgrading to custom ROM.   EnergyROM or MightyROM are the only safe custom roms... they also have better performance than sprints stock ROM.

Journeyman

What is really sad about this topic is I gave my son my Q9c when i got the TP1 loved it for the year and month i had it, but took it to sprint for service and they broke it so i got TP2.  No heres the funny part his Q9c has an offical 6.5 release, as did my old TP1.  Isn't this funny that the Fancy new great phone the TP2 doesn't have the 6.5 upgrade.  I picture 7 comming out in mid to late 2010 and then and only then will we get 6.5 and it will be the basic version not even the pro one.

Journeyman

I put the mighty rom on my friends TP2 and he went from really liking his TP2 to loving it.  He was amazed at how much zippier the phone is with 6.5 on it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat