ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early 2010 for WinMo 6.5 Touch Pro 2 upgrade? Seriously?

Journeyman

Re: Early 2010 for WinMo 6.5 Touch Pro 2 upgrade? Seriously?

i am debating on going to mightyrom.  I had it before with TP and liked it... but no sprint TV which is kinda nice when i dont have access to computer.

Journeyman

OK people, If you want the WM 6.5 you can get the Mighty Rom, Energy Rom or the Juicy Rom which I have on my TP2 and let me tell you that the phone works great. You can get the cabs (sprint T.V., Nascar, Nav, PRL) all at XDA developers. It's easy to install and they work perfect. True I am disappointed that Sprint is taking there sweet time to come out with the WM 6.5 upgrade but these Rom's that are out work beautifully smooth and you get all the great feattures of WM 6.5. If your scared to Unlock your phone I can relate. But if you do...These three Roms are the way to go. You won't be disappointed!!!

Journeyman

I had a touch pro that loved in the beginning then it started giving me all types of problems.  Sprint changed my touch pro to the touch pro 2 and i was totally satisfied for a few months.  Now I am glad that I did not spend my own money for this piece of junk.  The phone is slow, it stalls, opens programs, makes calls on its own, kill the battery after a few short calls, and so much more.  I have had two tp2's and I'm very disappointed.  I love my Sprint plan and the services, but the phone are just awful.  Sprint and HTC has to do something better for the cost of these phones.  I was looking forward to the WM6.5 upgrade and again I'm very disappointed that Sprint is slowful in getting this to their customers.  It's true you get what you pay for.  Maybe the great plans that Sprint offer is the trade off for poor quality phones  vs  AT&t or Verizons expensive plans, but excellent phones.  Again, you get what you pay for. Oh, but the TP2 cost so much more for Sprint and are horrible.

Journeyman

Ok, The official Verizon 6.5 update has been released. So When are you going to acknowledge that this phone exists Sprint? You're gonna have to face us sometime about all the issues the stock ROM has not to mention the promised 6.5 update, which is now officially available to ALL carriers world-wide except for Sprint.

Journeyman

I sent a email too Sprint, this is there response

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I understand your concern regarding
the Sprint phones.

I am sorry that currently there is no update when Sprint is going to
launch Windows Mobile 6.5. Whenever it is introduced, you will receive
SMS on your phone to upgrade to new version.

We strive to provide a large range of product and services to our
customers. We keep on introducing the new handsets and making
enhancements to our existing handsets on the basis of our customers'
feedback. We appreciate your feedback. This will help us in achieving
our goal.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to address your
concerns. Please reply to this email or visit Sprint.com/mysprint if we
can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Abel R.
Sprint

Journeyman

;There is some really bad news, one of the best phones that HTC has to offer will be exclusive to T-Mobile( HTC HD2 check it out on there website),  but the will have a unlocked version. but at the moment sprint will not be able to support.  I have been thinking of leaving Sprint I think I have found a good reason too.  Thanks Sprint for a so so 10yrs of service.

Journeyman

So they won't fix the stock ringer issue, they won't fix the 2016 bug for SMS. Sprint, I'm about to use your breach of contract as of Jan 1 on the $.20 regulatory fee increase for an excuse to cancel my contract. First you won't fix the TP2, then you try to force me into a much more expensive Everything plan under a shared family plan even though I already have the equivalent services in an older form that is much cheaper when I tried to exchange for the Hero. I became a 10-year customer as of December 12.

Journeyman

My Touch Pro was replaced with a Touch Pro 2 - which had significantly better battery life than the Touch Pro.  I dropped the Touch Pro 2 and smashed the screen and wound up with ANOTHER Touch Pro 2 - It now easily lasts a full day on a single charge.

I want the 6.5 software - the TouchFlo software imitates a lot of the 6.5 functionality but it is SUCH a memory hog.  I have to turn it off to get any real speed out of the phone.

Journeyman

download Pocket Mechanic Pro from WWW.handango.com this program will help with the memory issue.  I also use SPB Mobile mobile Shell 3.  It's more responsive then the default UI.

Journeyman

You have to remember that all cell companies are businesses - they aren't your mother trying to keep you "happy" - and they will to a certain extent.  You can always vote with your feet and money, but not everything they do will let you out of a contract.

We left Verizon for Sprint over a specific coverage issue - no signal at our daughter's high school, and with the number of after school things she's involved in, this was a pain.  Sprint so far has been fine.

There was some blog post that called the $0.20 regulatory fee increase a "material change" in the contract.  I'd bet it is not.

The 2016 text message date issue is annoying, but on the phones that it DIDN'T show up on, it appears this had to do with how the timestamp was applied, with the unaffected phones already using the 'workaround'.  Meaning that the unaffected phones were already using this time-to-arrive-at-the-phone method.  Bet they didn't know that was what it was doing.  Yes, I'd rather have it stamped with when the message was sent, but the arrival time stamp appears to have been pretty common anyway, with no great grief on anyone's part.

Verizon has just announced the update for their TP2 and Ozone - so we're not that far behind the curve yet.  Yes I want it faster, but.

The price differential on the phone?  I don't like it, but I bit the bullet on that one.  I could have bought another phone.  I think they were shooting themselves in the foot with that pricing, which ultimately makes them a weaker competitor.  I had Palm phones of both OS's for years, and I sometimes with I'd bought the Treo Pro.

Don't paint the other carriers as benign.  We were happy with Verizon for many years, until this coverage issue came up, though their coverage at our home was lousy.  I was contemplating a femtocell.  Their pricing was also higher - we've got full data for everyone with Sprint for what Verizon was charging for just myself.

When we left them, I knew our account was annotated as marginal coverage, I'd been told there would be no penalty, and all I had to do was port our numbers out.  Did so.    Got a bill for the last month of service, which was paid.  Got a bill for the termination fees.  Called them up.  They said - oh, yeah, we'll credit you back.  Which they did, except we still had a bill for $40 or so.  Called about that.  Was told that these were regulatory fees and so forth, that we were still liable for.  Demanded to know, through 3 levels of supervisors, why we had to pay reg fees for a bill that should never have been issued?  Eventually got that credited.

Had a similar issue with T-mobile when we considered switching to them, and had phones from them for their trial period and then cancelled, but got a bill for another month.  Eventually got that fixed.

I hope 6.5 is worh it.  Verizon's upgrade of my last WinMo there (Samsung Saga) was only worth it for the unlocked GPS.  I felt it actually made the phone overall less responsive, and there was a change in the SMS that I didn't like either.

Journeyman

ibap wrote:

There was some blog post that called the $0.20 regulatory fee increase a "material change" in the contract.  I'd bet it is not.

And you'd lose your bet.

Increasing a discretionary charge like the admin fee or regulatory fee is *clearly* an adverse material change to the terms of the agreement between a carrier and a subscriber. It is nothing more or less than a rate increase. And it is thus clearly valid grounds for abrogating the contract without penalty.

(Please note that I am talking about changes to discretionary charges, not changes to taxes or other govt-mandated fees such as taxes, E911 fees, etc., which are fees the carrier simply collects for the government and passes on, and which are thus out of the carriers' hands.)

It wasn't just one random blogger who made this point. This issue has been widely discussed at various times over at least the last few years, and  many people have used such term changes to leave carriers (not just Sprint) ETF-free.

Often the carriers try to prevent subscribers from doing so by telling them that the change isn't grounds for terminating the contract, but they always buckle when threatened with legal action, or the prospect of a state PUC or even a BBB complaint.

I've seen it happen over and over again.

I believe that it has been settled as a matter of law in at least a couple states, if not in the specific case of ETFs then in cases with very similar circumstances. A contract provision that says something like 'we may change your rates at some future date without your consent, and in signing this contract you agree to let us do so' is clearly unconscionable (in the legal sense) and thus unenforceable.

Journeyman

SNOBBYCUBE wrote:

download Pocket Mechanic Pro from WWW.handango.com this program will help with the memory issue.  I also use SPB Mobile mobile Shell 3.  It's more responsive then the default UI.

htcaddicts cleanRAM is also a good free memory management/recovery utiilty.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat