ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early 2010 for WinMo 6.5 Touch Pro 2 upgrade? Seriously?

Journeyman

Re: Early 2010 for WinMo 6.5 Touch Pro 2 upgrade? Seriously?

Seems like an awfully penny ante way to give people an out.  One assumes that someone has calculated that not enough people would leave to offset the revenue gain.  Or do they assume most people will just shrug?  (As they will.)

Journeyman

Sprint is now saying that it wiil be toward the end of the first quarter of 2010!!!

Journeyman

Late 1Q 2010 is the timeframe for Windows Mobile 7 to hit CES. It will be debuted [expectedly] at Mobile World Conference. This is all surrounding rumors of WM7 release in February. Do you think that Sprint is holding off this upgrade to somehow dangle the proverbial carrot in front of the donkey (consumers). It would be a dream to get WM7 instead; just because I have been waiting since September.

Journeyman

I've got a shocking solution to this situation for Sprint: Give us a damn date! I can wait, if I know how long it is going to be. For gods sake, stupid T-Mobile got their S*** together enough to release their ROM! I am no public relations expert, but it would at least make you look like you know what the hell you are doing.

Journeyman

that would make sense to go ahead and release WM7 imstead, but a estimated release date would be better for the consumer's. Verizon just did a press release.  They now have cheaper family talk plans but it's text and talk only. now what will sprint do.

Journeyman

I truly fail to understand Sprint's position here.  All of the other carriers including ATT, T-Mobile and Verizon have posted Windows Mobile 6.5 to their HTC phones.  I was in a Live Chat with Sprint just this morning where I was told May, 2010 is not the anticipated upgrade date for the Touch Pro 2.  Words along cannot express my regrets for leaving ATT after 20 years.

Master

[Sarah had to put some text in here so this thread would render correctly in support]

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_Touch_Pro...

Sprint and HTC are currently developing a release of Windows Mobile 6.5 for the HTC Touch Pro2 that is expected to be available by end of first quarter, 2010.

Sprint Promises to Upgrade HTC Touch Pro2 to Windows Mobile 6.5 by March

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=16112&news=HTC-Touch-Pro2

Message was edited by: SarahKS - was asked by our web programmers to add some text above the URL so it would render correctly in support.  PM me if you have questions.

Journeyman

I just text my bff oh her Touch Pro2 from my HTC Mogul and her reply from the year 2016 is that it still hasn't been released. Sorry guys.

Journeyman

BUMP FOR THIS THREAD!!!!

Please everyone in this thread, post your LEGITIMATE requests for a Windows Mobile 6.5 Upgrade to our TP2 devices. (no silly requests for Android, Windows Phone 7, fee rebates, etc...or anything else ridiculuous). We're just trying to hit critical mass for SOMEONE from Sprint to hear us and GIVE US A DATE!!!!!

(Fixed thread URL)

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/151665#151665

Message was edited by: madscientist

Journeyman

I agree with, we need release date. So far no official release about the date! If new phones got released after the Las Vegas event, why Sprint will even want to consider to update this phone for ? instead they can focus on promoting the new phones. It doesn't make sense.

Should be now or the next two weeks or we will for ever will wait.

Journeyman

Just adding my .02. I've been following this thread for months now. I do not want to install a custom ROM, so I've been waiting for Sprint to announce an update. I like Sprint, but their aftermarket support of their devices is pretty lame.

Journeyman

Check out other threads. Looks like 6.5 will NEVER come out for TP2.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat