ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early 2010 for WinMo 6.5 Touch Pro 2 upgrade? Seriously?

Journeyman

Re: Early 2010 for WinMo 6.5 Touch Pro 2 upgrade? Seriously?

Get the update, worth the wait. It's much better than the previous OS. Are you kidding me, you didn't do that yet? Seems we are living in two different realities.

Journeyman

got the update yesterday. HTC Sense UI is amazing. finally they got rid of the grey theme. although i wish they would have added tethering.

Journeyman

im just wondering cuz i havent had much problems with the OS i have now so i was wondering is it worth having to tell all my friends to text me their numbers and having to re-install all the programs and emulators i had.. basically if its not a huge improvement than its not worth the few hours it would take for me to put all the stuff back on

Journeyman

and wat do u mean by grey theme.. u mean the clock rite? i always just flicked up w/ my finger to get the smaller clock

Journeyman

First of all, sanjsrik, I would like to write.... "You are correct, however..."

As you may have well seen in the thread, there were phone of the same model 'Touch Pro 2' but only branded through other carriers that were sold with WM6.5 installed from the jump. The reason that Sprint Owners are 'up in arms' as you stated is that their very same phone's software was delayed without a definite upgrade date. You may have read the earlier posts, and some by me, that stated the reason Sprint customers deserve the finest as we pay more for our devices. I personally paid the cost for two of them on its first available date. I researched these phones while deployed in Iraq and decided to splurge. So, you will understand that I, a technogeek, was a little more than upset that I did not get the 'latest and greatest' when it was readily available only one month later.

As for the custom ROM hacks... I appreciate the custom firmware in a device I CAN buy another. My PSP is CFW hacked, my XBOX 360 is also; but to do that to my phone (my lifeline, my PIM, my PDA, my Appointment Book)... I would rather not. I use my phone to its very last circuit, and this is the reason why I was upset. We, Sprint Premier loyal customers, deserve the best.

For all of the other Forum Members. I installed the WM6.5 on it the day it was available. Obviously I researched the features, ins and outs, and bugs. I have to say, this OS is slick. I do appreciate the attention to detail, but it was a long time to wait. While using WM6.1, my phone stayed at 72% resource; now I use just 58% resource. I am still working out the bugs and figuring out the features.

To answer djblaqmarket's question of losing everything, here is the steps that I took.

First, I updated Microsoft MyPhone. I synced my phone with the service. I like the service because I am able to edit the information from the web and have that information updated at another sync session even though I am on the go. Then I synced the phone with my Windows7 based computer. This was not necessary, but I figure 'safer than sorry'. So, I then proceeded to download and install the ROM upgrade. It installed first time go. I set up the personalized stuff as in the phone name, connections to my wi-fi and so on. Then I proceeded to activate the MS MyPhone software already on the phone. I logged in with my credentials and did a sync. All of my 135 contacts, 799 text messages, 47 photos, and miscellaneous files rebuilt themselves on my upgraded phone. Beautiful. I then proceeded to get all of the quirky geeky stuff back to the way I like it, as any other OCD Techno Geek would.

Hope this helps. Really hope this sets the thread straight and how important it is for comsumers and customers to speak out. We make a difference.

Oh, and um... Thank you Sprint.

Journeyman

ok i did the upgrade n i like the new look, its cool n all. but my only problem is the i had morphgear emulator installed and it worked fine with 6.1, but since they got rid of the "keyboard" input, im unable to map the keys in 6.5..

Journeyman

Journeyman

That's got to be a cooked ROM. I don't have the same "Communications" settings, and "Footprints" was not included. What are you really running?

Journeyman

What you talking it not cooked it was purchased in Europe and in Europe the phones are different compare to US have. Europe and Japan always gets more features compare what US gets.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat