ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay "link" auctions, whats this about?

Journeyman

Ebay "link" auctions, whats this about?

I have been searching for a new phone for a couple months now, and have decided on the HTC Touch Pro 2 and have been searching for the best deal.  Without switching carriers, the best deal has come through Ebay, however the auction is for a link that gives you the ability to purchase the phone for $49 if you are eligible for the upgrade or new line of service.  Whats up with this?  It beats all deals by nearly 50%.

Thanks

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Ebay "link" auctions, whats this about?

I thought for sure someone would have info on this, its one of the hottest phones on the market right now....weird.

Journeyman

IMHO it's 90% chance fraud. Like you said, that's a hot deal. What are the catches? I haven't heard anything either way but I think it would be difficult to auction a phone and then attach the upgrade details to it.

Journeyman

I was curious, I suppose I email the link to you if you wanted to see it.  With paypal and ebay you are protected for your purchases which is the only reason I was considering it.  Shoot me an email and I will give you the link to the ebay, or you can simply search for it, very easy to find.  Let me know what you think. Any being a Sprint customer as long as we have been I would think they would give us the best deal no matter what. Thanks for the reply

Message was edited by: Waterchikn

Journeyman

Unfortunately, I can't view ebay links here at work. So I won't be able to assit you too much with that. You may be able to send me a message but I can't promise when I'd get to look into it. Outside of work I'm married with a kid lol. Enough said.

Journeyman

I completely understand.  I am married with kids too, time is precious.

Journeyman

Waterchikn wrote:

I have been searching for a new phone for a couple months now, and have decided on the HTC Touch Pro 2 and have been searching for the best deal.  Without switching carriers, the best deal has come through Ebay, however the auction is for a link that gives you the ability to purchase the phone for $49 if you are eligible for the upgrade or new line of service.  Whats up with this?  It beats all deals by nearly 50%.

Is this the guy who is selling an ebook showing how you can get the phone for that price? I suspect it's through an employee discount plan. Check out this discussion thread regarding potential pitfalls with that approach:

HTC Touch Pro 2 $49 (poss $24) HERO, PIXI & MOMENT for $29 shipped *NO SERO* after new line activation w/ 25-27% corporate discounts - SlickDeals.net Forums

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1742804

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat