cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and update the software version on your HTC Touch PRO

Journeyman

Find and update the software version on your HTC Touch PRO

Where are instructions on how to install/apply the software update?  Neither the Sprint nor HTC sites linked from Sprint support, nor (from what I have been able to tell) the user manual, says anything about what to do with the 118MB .exe file after downloading it.  Do I execute it on my PC with a USB calbe attached to the phone?  Do I need to copy it to the micro SD card in my phone (would it fit)?  Basic instruction, which I have yet to find or recognize, should be sufficient.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Find and update the software version on your HTC Touch PRO

First, are you looking at Microsoft Mobile updates?  If so, you go to Start, Settings, System (bottom tab), and Windows Update.  This is usually set for automatic, but you can check it on the spot to see if your software is up-to-date.  You can also check  for a PRL update here and you can update your profile.  Within that same System tab is Device Information.  This will tell you what versions are loaded and if you need to add any.

Most other apps are downloaded onto your PC and run from there.  Some will specifically say to load from your PC to your mobile device and then run (or double-click) them.  The main point is that you want to ensure that your mobile device is connected to your PC and that you can view the directories, folders, and files from your PC.  Once you 'run' the app it will either load correctly or just do nothing - No big deal, you won't break anything.  Simply modify that last process to 'run' from the other location.  Firmware updates are much more serious and there will always be specific instructions on how those updates are to be applied.  In all cases, recommend backing up your data - this cannot be over-stressed with mobile devices.

Best of luck!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat