Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS on the Mogul?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

GPS on the Mogul?

OK - old Mogul, new firmware.  Supposedly it has GPS, but when I go into ##debug## it shows all the values as N/A for the GPS. 

Do I need to have something twiddled on the phone, or the account?

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: GPS on the Mogul?

It's possible that if you don't have an application that needs to access to the GPS then the phone may not have tried aquiring satellites. Go outdoors and run the trial version of Tele Nav (comes with the new ROM) and try a and navigate to somewhere. The device should try and aquire GPS satellites. Alternatively download and run Google Maps mobile and use the GPS position option. Again the device should try and aquire the satellite.

I would recomend a soft restart of the device as well.

Wizard

The Mogul's internal GPS will only activate in response to a particular type of command, one that is not issued by fieldtrial or by most of the high-order location programs such as TomTom or iGuidance. Users on ppcgeeks have reported success running HTC GPS Tool or wififofum to activate the GPS then running the desired program. I have used both and prefer wififofum because HTC GPS Tool shuts down with an error after running for a few minutes. Both are available for free download.

Journeyman

@bakntyme wrote:
The Mogul's internal GPS will only activate in response to a particular type of command, one that is not issued by fieldtrial or by most of the high-order location programs such as TomTom or iGuidance. Users on ppcgeeks have reported success running HTC GPS Tool or wififofum to activate the GPS then running the desired program. I have used both and prefer wififofum because HTC GPS Tool shuts down with an error after running for a few minutes. Both are available for free download.

This thread on PPC geeks seems to have the definitive guide on using the built in GPS on the Titan/Mogul

Official Titan built-in GPS Thread - PPC GEEKS

Sprint Product Ambassador

Excellent info - thanks!

It was that nothing had accessed the GPS yet.  I fired up Google Maps, chose Menu -> GPS and bingo!  It opened the GPS and found my location.

Very nice.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat