SOLVED
8 REPLIES
Journeyman LBX
Journeyman

Re: Gel Case for HTC Touch Pro 2

Thank you sanjsrik.

Journeyman

Boxwave makes one, did you do a search on Google for gelcases? Did you go to any of the windows mobile websites such as PPCGeeks or XDA-Developers?

http://www.boxwave.com/products/praetoriancrystalslip/sprint-touch-pro2-praetorian-crystal-slip-case...

Can't vouch for it, haven't tried it but XDA-Developers has a review about it specifically for the TP2:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=617579

It "may" be hard rubberized, but it's supposedly made specifically for the TP2.

Doing a google search also led me here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1402076

Your mileage may vary.

Message was edited by: sanjsrik

Journeyman LBX
Journeyman

Thanks agin for the helpful info.

Journeyman

Sprint doesn't give us much information on that so all I can do is speculate for you. From what I've heard about operating systems, Sprint has to work with the manufacture to customize our applications (Sprint Navigation, Sprint Tv, etc.) to be compatible with the phone. So the manufacture has to work with us to make our programs compatible with the 6.5.

As for the update to 7.0, they started, or are starting rather, from scratch on it. It is a complete 180 from the orginal Windows Mobile. That means they'll have to make more custom programs with that operating system. I hope the skip to the Windows 7 but I haven't heard any solid information. Once we know, we'll let you know .

Journeyman LBX
Journeyman

Thank you for the really good information.

How about that Windows 7 Phone. Do you think it will be compatible with TP2 or will Microsoft force everyone to buy new hardware?

What's taking Sprint so long with Windows Mobile 6.5? Think maybe they'll just skip it and work with 7?

Journeyman

Yeah what you've seen are going to be hard cases with rubberized exteriors. That's the best they can do in terms of a case for the TP2. They need those little plastic clips to cling to the face and back housing of the phone. You wouldn't be able to make two rubber pieces because it wouldn't let the phone completely close. My personal opinion for the TP2 is to find a good holster for it and to make sure you keep it in the holster. If you're prone to dropping the phone, the TP2 is a bit on the expensive side to own. Insurances provides a good marriage with the TP2. So if you don't have it, and are within your 30 days, I recommend getting insurance. $100 to replace it in worse case scenarios trumps the $600 price tag. (The deductible only applies in scenarios where you cracked the screen, lost it, got water in the phone, or caused physical damage.)

Journeyman LBX
Journeyman

Thank you.

So all the cases you know of are hard cases? Are there any that may be softer than the hard plastic snap on cases. I know there are the rubberized cases but the one's I've seen are hard plastic with a rubber coating.

Journeyman

It's be impossible to create a gel case to cover the whole phone since it slides up and tilts. At best they can make a case that attaches to the face and back of it. So the short answer is no, there is not.

Highlighted
Journeyman LBX
Journeyman

Gel Case for HTC Touch Pro 2

Is there a gel case for the HTC Touch Pro 2?