cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Messaging Gone on Samsung Ativ S Neo?

Journeyman

Group Messaging Gone on Samsung Ativ S Neo?

I had the ability to group text on my HTC Arrive.  I just replaced that phone with the Samsung and the group messaging option is gone. Has it moved and I just don't know where it is?  I saw Verizon also restricted some WP8 devices from group messaging as MMS, but have now enabled that feature.  Does anybody have any idea if Sprint will follow suit?   It's hard to upgrade the phone but downgrade some of the features, especially after waiting so long to replace my Arrive.

Tags (4)
53 REPLIES 53
Journeyman

Re: Group Messaging Gone on Samsung Ativ S Neo?

Actually the features have been upgraded. You will be able to do things that wasn't possible on the HTC Arrive. With that said, you can still do group messaging by going to the peoples hub and swiping to the left or right until you get to the "together" subtitle. From there you can create groups and more things. Sprint did not do any restrictions like Verizon or other carriers who then decided to undo the restrictions later. Follow more on my link at http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/621900#621900

Journeyman

Did you ever figure out the group messaging? I'm having the same issue. I can't do a group MMS. It just sends SMS and they only see that it was sent to 1 person so the replies only come to me instead of the whole group. There is no setting in the Messaging Settings to turn on Group Messaging. I looked at the HTC 8XT and the setting is on that device.

Journeyman

NicandKrista,

I did not get this solved.    Apocalypsead replied that I could use the people hub and set up groups.  My problem is that I want to reply to group messages sent out by other people and have those messages go to the entire group--not just the message's originator.    For example, today is game day.  My sister sent out a text, my brother replied and my wife also replied.   I can't participate because I would have to message my response to each one of these people individually and I don't even know how many people were on the original text.    I could do that with the Arrive.  My wife can do it with the HTC One.  My mother-in-law can do it with the Iphone 5.   I can't do it with the Samsung Ativ S Neo.   Very disappointing.

--Paul

Journeyman

I ran into the same thing. I ended up swapping out for an HTC 8XT. Group messaging does work on that one. Hopefully, the ATIV will get it in one of the upcoming Windows updates.

Journeyman

Is there really no way to do this on the Ativ?  I'm going nuts trying to figure this out.  Someone from Sprint should really respond to this.

Journeyman

So the Sprint Moderators can't even be bothered to give us the blow off speech on this? This is just one of things that Sprint did to this phone that kind of makes me miss my Arrive.

Journeyman

Ugh, this is sooooo frustrating.  I just spent like an hour in the Sprint store trying to decide between the HTC 8xt and the Ativ. The Sprint employees didn't know anything about Windows 8 operating system and so they were no help. I Finally chose the Ativ, just to now find out that the group texting (one of the main reasons I ditched android) is not on the Ativ!!! I hate this Xhit!!!

Journeyman

Hopefully Samsung or Microsoft will send an update that will allow people to do group reply in SMS messaging. I haven't tried the group messaging in the peoples hub or replied to a group message sent to me to know if it works or not but by what everyone else is saying, there needs to be an update to fix it. The HTC 8XT works fine on the other hand.

Journeyman

I've been watching this thread since I've been wanting to get this phone.  A week or so ago, someone from Sprint popped up in a chat window and asked if he could help with a problem.  I told him about this issue and he said it's been fixed.  Anyone? Can this be confirmed?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is definitely not fixed.  The sent message will show as having multiple recipients, but the message does not group together and the recipients on the other end are not able to see who is on the thread.  I tested just this morning with a few friends.

Journeyman

I wonder if a reason for Sprint's nonresponsiveness is due to not that many people are using their Windows phones AND the number of the people complaining from that list is small?  They just don't see it as a priority.  I don't have either of the Windows 8 phones that Sprint offers yet... I'm using the HTC Arrive which is Windows 7.5.  I want to switch to Windows 8, specifically the Samsung Ativ Neo S, but, this issue, the voicemail icon not working (https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/126869?tstart=0) and the Camera shutting off the phone (https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/634834#634834) concern me. 

I really, really wish this and the other issues would get resolved.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat