cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Elite X3

Highlighted
Journeyman

HP Elite X3

I know that Sprint will not be getting the Lumia 950 of 950XL. I sure hope they can at least get the HP Elite X3. It looks like it has good reasonable specs and it wouldd Win 10 Mobile pretty good.

41 REPLIES 41
Journeyman

Re: HP Elite X3

9512882179, Sprint is become from good to the worst in providing customer satisfaction since this new Loser CEO has come in. Sprint also ignores their Windows Phone Users and their needs. I have been after Sprint to have them bring in MS Lumia 950XL, MS Lumia 1520 and the HP Elite x3 to all their stores but I am going un-heard.

Additionally, they have taken away the 24 mo. contract, where it made it affordable to customers to get the devices they wanted at a lower cost, plus they have no plans for two line customers that's truly unlimited talk, text and data under $90 like they used to have. This should tell you what Sprint has become. All they are looking out is for themselves and not their customers!!!!

Journeyman

I would like to echo this sentiment.  The Elite X3 looks to be pretty awesome.  I throw my support behind Sprint getting this phone!

Journeyman

When it come to any advanced Windows Phone or just Window Phones in particular, Sprint ignores us and does not respond to us. I have a very good feeling that we will be ignored like the others who have spoken to Sprint about Windows Phones. I totally agree with you that Sprint should bring in MS Lumia 950XL, MS Lumia 1520 and the HP Elite x3. This dumb New CEO is not seeing what we customer are seeing. Windows Phones overall are much better than any Android or crappy iPhones but they are so focused on those phones more and are not seeing that there is more customers that are wanting Windows Phones!!!

Journeyman

Forget about the lumia's Microsoft doesn't want CDMA customers (Sprint & Verizon) to have it period! Now what is strange is there ARE other manufacturers coming out with WP's but nobody seems to be saying if they will come to us CDMA folks.

Journeyman

DIALM4SPEED, you really think that Microsoft doesn't want CDMA Customers? Then you are wrong!!! The bottom line truth & fact is that Sprint & Verizon is the ones that doesn't want Microsoft, so they make all kinds of excuses trying to blame it on Microsoft and making their customers believe that Microsoft doesn't want CDMA.

We had a very good talk with Microsoft and their engineering team, said that, "any provider(s) could call them and they will make these high end phones for any provider that wants these devices" but Verizon and Sprint chose not to call because they are living in the past technology where Androids were good but the fact is that, Androids and iPhones are not good anymore. Since past seven years the best phones in the market has been Windows Phones because of its versatility but the providers (like Verizon & Sprint) doesn't want them, they are too focused on crappy iPhones and Old technology Androids that has very limited use.

Journeyman

I too think that there is an issue inside of sprint as the have specific phones for their network. The just don't like windows phones. They will bend over backwards to get the latest Galaxy of I phone but when it comes to Windows phone they don't care. The last phone that they brought on their network was a Microsoft phone, The Lumia 635. This means that Microsoft is willing to make phones that work on Sprint. Although it was good to see a Lumia on Sprint, It was a sorry excuse of a phone. It a Low end model and hardly worth the purchase compared to what I already have. My three year old Ativ S Neo performs better than the Lumia 635. This is another Fail from Sprint. I am hoping that the Phone buying personal at Sprint corporate gets their head out of their [inappropriate word removed] and purchases decent Windows phones soon.

The Elite X3 is not due out till later in the Summer I would like to see a decent Windows phone on Sprint before that as I don't know if the Elite X3 will even be on Sprint. I too wish they would not spent so much time focused on iPhones and androids

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

Zero-G, you got it right, there is a issue inside of Sprint. They will go all the way out to bring in [inappropriate word removed] iPhones and Androids but they will hesitate a lot when it comes to High End Windows Phones then they make up excuses and blame Microsoft. I bet you that everybody that has made Windows discussion in this customer service community, sprint has ignored all of it because its all about Windows phone discussion.

HP Elite x3, MS Lumia 950xl and MS Lumia 1520 are THE BEST WINDOWS PHONES out there. Hope Sprint will bring these in soon and hope they come back with the 24 mo. contract or even a 12 mo. contract.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Journeyman

Yes I do indeed think MS has abandoned CDMA. Why I don't know but they did. Here's why I believe it in case you missed it.

"We're refocusing our channel strategy, narrowing it in the short-term and plan for broader operator availability longer term. While there was interest across the board from U.S. operators, currently we've made the decision to have AT&T carry the Lumia 950, and then sell both the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950XL unlocked through our own channel in the Microsoft Stores," said a company spokesman in the latest statement on the topic"

To me that's MS's way of saying go kick rocks CDMA users. I haven't looked into it any further because frankly I'm getting tired of even thinking about it. MS moves regarding Windows Phone have been puzzling to say the least so I'm just waiting for something from the other OEM's.

Oh yeah TMO doesn't have the Lumia's either so looks like it was all on MS ehh??

Journeyman

Follow me on [inappropriate link removed] to hear updates on the HP Elite X3 on Sprint.

Message was edited by TheModerator: This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

GrandMaster

a couple months late but MS got rid of their CDMA coder...meaning any carrier using the CDMA side of things will NOT be getting any phones in the near future...GSM only. so no it wasnt something internal on Sprints side nor a decision from Sprint to no longer carry them..this was a decision all on MS shoulders.

77.  Re: Lumia 950XL

MathiuzfromUSN Regular Visitor

Unless Microsoft pays the fee and hires a Qualcomm Certified CDMA coder, Windows 10 for Mobile devices are not coming to Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, or any regional CDMA network in the USA and Puerto Rico/USVI anytime soon. 

The Global Certification Forum has been waiting for Microsoft to submit a version of their Windows 10 for Mobile with CURRENT Qualcomm CDMA code to get it certified.  Microsoft has NOT done so as of yet.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well, a couple things:

The official Windows 10 MObile devices on CDMA Lumia Icon and Lumia 735 both run well. Windows 10 Mobile can handle CDMA well and it requires relatively simple work. The problem is the carriers. 100%

Even if a phone is released with all the necessary hardware and software necessary, the phone's IMEI and UICC card will not be recognized by the CDMA network unless the carrier had registered it and approved the manufacturer those numbers.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat