cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Elite X3

Journeyman

Re: HP Elite X3

For what I have heard Blackberry was given the option to sell the Priv or any future device running on either BB10 or Android in similar fashion as the Moto X Pure or the Nexus devices. Blackerry refused to build a device using an universal GSM/CDMA/LTE radio which will work on Sprint bands and frequencies and sell it themselves.

Blackberry had a choice, and they refused the options given. We all know how bad of a flop the Priv and the Z10 were in sales.

Sprint 2

Blackberry 0

GrandMaster

thanks for the info. never used a BB but ran across quite a few  people in here that do and didnt know what was going on. much appreciated.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Don't blame it all on Blackberry, now.  They made some bad moves (for which they are solely responsible).  But considering that save for the last two Android devices they released, the previous phones all had a CDMA version, because they (BB) wanted their phones on Verizon (big CDMA provider with deep pockets).  Sprint on the other hand is barely hanging on financially and did not want to support a manufacturer (BB) who was (is) struggling and barely had any market share left.

Bottom line is that Sprint and Blackberry did not want to dance.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trevor, Sprint did offer Blackberry an option to offer the Priv as a truly unlocked device and allow them to sell directly to customers as Motorola, Google, and Apple do for their devices. Blackberry demanded Sprint to carry an amount similar to what the other carriers wanted, and no guarantees of returns if the device ended up being a flop, which it was the case.

Still...

Sprint 2

Blackberry 0

Journeyman

Hey, I'm not defending BB.  I have let them know more often than not that picking and choosing, which service providers to dance with, considering their miniscule market share  was foolish.  The Priv failed because it was too expensive a phone for Blackberry (again given how out of favor they were in the marketplace).  But that does not discount the fact that Sprint is only pushes iPhones and Galaxies. 

Journeyman

If that was the case, Sprint would not sell other devices. Yes, the iPhones and Samsung Galaxy devices are the top sellers for Sprint and any major carrier, and why competitors like Microsoft and Blackberry need to consider how their products are being offered. This is why it has been suggested to Blackberry to make the Priv available through the same ways the Moto X Pure and the Nexus devices are being offered, as it would prove for them to be more convenient.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat