cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Elite X3

Journeyman

Re: HP Elite X3

Well, according to HP the X3 supports CDMA. So it's all down to Sprint.

Journeyman

Based on the official specs listed directly from HP, CDMA, EVDO, SVDO, and SVLTE are not supported. Check PM.

Journeyman

Somebody needs to tell that to the HP guy who did the AMA.

[inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

The guy is confusing WCDMA and CDMA.  There is NO Windows 10 for Mobile device which supports CDMA (IS-95 or IS-2000 aka CDMA2000) because Microsoft has not bother getting Qualcomm CDMA Certification via the Global Certification Forum.

Here's further proof:

[inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

Let me post the band information for the Elite X3 straight from HP's website since posting links is not permitted:

HP Elite X3

Americas model

2G: 850/900/1800/1900MHz

3G: B5/8/2/1/4

4G: FDD B2/4/5/7/12/17/29/30

2DL CA: B2+B29, B4+B29, B2+B17, B4+B17, B2+B12, B4+B12, B4+B7

LTE:

1900 (B2), AWS (B4), 850 (B5), 2600 (B7), 700A (B12), 700B (B17), 700D(B29), 2300

(B30)

2DL CA -- B2+B29, B4+B29, B2+B17, B4+B17, B2+B12, B4+B12, B4+B7

Other:

No CDMA 1X and EVDO, No SVLTE, No TD-SCDMA

Translation: it doesn't support PCS bands used by CDMA carriers nor pertaining LTE Bands from Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular or any regional CDMA Carrier in the US and Puerto Rico/US Virgin Islands due to Microsoft's lack of will to get Windows 10 for Mobile certified for Qualcomm CDMA standards in code. You can check the filing at the FCC which also lists this device as GSM only, and the filing at the Global Certification Forum confirms this as well, as there is NO CDMA radio physically present on this device.

Journeyman

So The Hp Elite X3 was released for preorder and it is now confirmed that it is a GSM only device. .... WILL THERE EVER BE A DECENT WIN 10 DEVICE I CAN USE ON SPRINT. I am frustrated with this, I still have my way to very old Ativ S neo. I at least wish I could upgrade it to win 10.

GrandMaster

unless they bring back a CDMA coder it will never happen.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Unless Microsoft gets on board with Google, Apple, and Blackberry in terms of CDMA Certification for the current mobile OS, you are for a longer wait than Windows Phone 7's token devices CDMA carriers were offered. It's on the hands of Microsoft's Windows for Mobile team along the management to get their heads out of the recycled strategy from Windows Phone 7 when it comes to CDMA.

Journeyman

Hi, Zero-G.

I left Sprint for a Lumia 950 in February I believe. I just came here to see if Sprint ever offered anything more than a downgrade 635 in the meantime. It seems they haven't and they will not.

For all you loyal customers who have been waiting and waiting, just leave Sprint. I can honestly say that everything about my new carrier is better. Cost, phone choices, ease of payment and customer service, cellular service and 4g. It is all better.

GrandMaster

you should probably add a tad bit more info other than leave your carrier it will be better for you..might want to add that they would need to go to a GSM carrier if they truly want a new windows phone since windows has zip to do with any CDMA carrier right now and in the near future.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Insert "Blackberry" for "WIN 10" device and you are repeating what Sprint's Blackberry customers have been saying about Sprint's lack of interest in carrying any smartphone that does not operate on IOS or Android.

GrandMaster

no idea what the whole hold up is with BB and Sprint..Windows on the other hand is all on them for no longer covering CDMA carriers...lay offs came through and they dropped their CDMA coder..which means no phones for this side until they get another coder....if..they get another coder.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat