cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 7 PRO (AKA.) HTC TOUCH PRO 3!

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC 7 PRO (AKA.) HTC TOUCH PRO 3!

I wrote a blog to HTC and I would like to get Sprint opinion and every one else opinion about the HTC 7 PRO with Windows Phone 7 which suppose to be the successor to the HTC Touch Pro 2! I've also attached a file of the message I sent to HTC. I really cant waite to get Sprint's opinion about the blog and I hope Sprint consider making some changes to the American version that is specifically for them in America! 

HTC,

Htc 7 Pro

I would like to know the big difference between the Htc Touch Pro 2 and the new Htc 7 Pro, which is heading to sprint next year, and how does the Htc 7 Pro compare to the Samsung Epic 4G? I have also added a conclusion that people would like to see you take into consideration. It is just a small favor for the small upgrade to what suppose to be the successor to the touch Pro 2.

Phone                  Htc Touch Pro 2

Operating System

Windows Mobile® 6.5 Professional

Processor

Qualcomm® MSM7600™ 528 MHz

Internal Memory

ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 288 MB

Display

3.6-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution with adjustable tilt screen

Technology

CDMA: Dual-band 800/1900MHz, CDMA2000 1xRTT/1xEVDO rev. A, and IS-95A/B voice or data, with up to 1.8 Mbps up-link and 3.1Mbps down-link speeds

Email

Support for Office Outlook Mobile® and Microsoft Exchange® with Direct Push

Dimensions

4.57” (L) x 2.33” (W) x 0.68 (D)

Weight

6.35 ounces (with battery)

Battery

1500 mAh Li-on
Talk time: Up to 4 hours
Standby: over 2 weeks
(The above are subject to network and phone usage)

Speakerphone

Straight Talk™ with built-in dual Microphone and dual speakers for conference call

Built-in Camera

3.2 megapixel color camera with auto focus

Audio/Video

Windows Media® Player 10 Mobile, MPEG-4, AVI, WAV, MP3, MP4, MIDI, WMV, 3GP, 3G2, WMA

I/O Interface

Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for stereo wireless headsets, WiFi®: IEEE 802.11b/g

Expansion

microSD™ memory card slot

Device Navigation

Slide out QWERTY keyboard, end/power button, send/hands-free button, back/clear button, Home button, volume up/down button, power button

Antenna

Internal antenna

In-Box Content

HTC Touch Pro2, AC phone charger, USB sync cable, battery, extra stylus, LCD screen protector, Getting Started CD, Get Started poster, Basics Guide, Set up Your Email Guide, Features Guide

Phone

Htc 7 Pro

Size

59mm(2.32")15.5mm(0.61") 117.5mm(4.63")

Weight

·         185 grams (6.53 ounces) with battery

Keyboard

·         Slideout keyboard

Display

·         Type: Touch screen with pinch-to-zoom capability

·         Size: 3.6 inches

·         Resolution: 480 x 800 WVGA

Screen size: 91.4 mm (3.6")

CPU Processing Speed

1 GHz

Storage

Internal storage: 16 GB
ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 448 MB

Connectors

·         3.5 mm stereo audio jack

·         Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)

Sensors

·         G-Sensor

·         Digital compass

·         Proximity sensor

·         Ambient light sensor

HTC Hub

·         Weather, Stocks, Converter, Photo Enhancer, Sound Enhancer, and more

·         Downloadable apps and games

Multimedia1

·         See photos from your camera, Facebook® and Windows Live™ accounts in the Pictures hub

·         Music and Videos Hub powered by Zune® lets you listen to radio, download music, and more

·         SRS surround sound

Audio supported formats:

·         .m4a, .m4b, .mp3, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)

Video supported formats:

·         Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .m4v, .mbr, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9 and VC-1)

·         Recording: .mp4

Power & Battery2

Battery type: Rechargeable Lithium-ion polymer or Lithium-ion battery

Capacity: 1500 mAh

Talk time:

·         WCDMA: Up to 420 mins

·         GSM: Up to 330 mins

Standby time3:

·         WCDMA: Up to 420 hours

·         GSM: Up to 360 hours

Network4

Europe:

·         HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz

·         GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Asia Pacific:

·         HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz

·         GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

Platform5

Windows® Phone OS 7

Camera

·         5 megapixel color camera

·         Auto focus and flash

·         720p HD video recording

·         Built-in scenes include candlelight, landscape, and portrait match the environment of your subject

Internet6

3G:

·         Up to 7.2 Mbps download speed

·         Up to 2 Mbps upload speed

GPRS:

·         Up to 114 kbps downloading

EDGE:

·         Up to 560 kbps downloading

Wi-Fi®:

·         Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n

Bluetooth®

·         Bluetooth® 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate

·         A2DP for wireless stereo headsets

·         Other supported profiles: AVRCP, HFP, HSP, PBAP

Social Networking

·         Facebook® and Windows Live™

·         Share photos on Facebook® or Windows Live™ SkyDrive®

·         Internal GPS antenna

·         Bing™ Maps

Special Features

·         Customize your phone with live tiles which dynamically update all key information right on the Start screen

·         Choose from thousands of video titles and music tracks via integrated Zune® services

·         Play console-quality video games with XBox LIVE® integration

Recommended Windows System Requirements

·         Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, or Windows® XP

·         Zune® software

In conclusion, The Htc touch pro 3 (aka) Htc 7 Pro, which suppose to be more of a business phone, should have a frontward facing camera, at least a micro sd memory card reader for those of us who already have a 16gig micro sd memory card, at least a 4.0 inch screen, and run on the 4G network. I will not mention that the Bluetooth and USB uses old technology on the Htc 7 Pro when the new Bluetooth and USB upgraded technology is available. Asking for mobile hotspot and a 1.5 dual core processor would be asking for too much. Most importantly Htc, how does the Htc 7 Pro compare to the Samsung Epic 4G besides the OS?! For those who would like to see the specs of the Samsung Epic 4G with Sprint copy and paste the link in the address bar. http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Samsung-Epic-4G-phone-p_4720.html  and  http://shop.sprint.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/DisplayPhones?INTNAV=ATG:HESmiley Tonguehones 

Notice the full five-row keyboard and big 4-inch screen with a frontward facing camera for video conference. Most importantly check out the specs! So what is the difference between the Htc touch Pro 2 and Htc 7 Pro, and how does it compare to the Samsung Epic 4G?!

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: HTC 7 PRO (AKA.) HTC TOUCH PRO 3!

You just posted the differances between the pro2 and 7pro lol.

1.5Ghz processors? That's not asking for too much, they are just not out yet not too mention they will prolly be 1.3 or 1.4 or hey maybe even 1.6. Who knows till the time comes.

How do they compare to the epic, your comparing apples to oranges.

and btw, I'm sure Sprint knows their specs on their phones.

Journeyman

The technology is out and they are working on a 1.5 quard core. Not to mention when the 7 Pro comes out in America that techology will be in phones while we have to settle for old technology at a high price. I gave you the spec sheet and you didnt pay attention to the old blue tooth and usb technology that suppose to be offered with the phone. I'm sure Sprint knows the spec and will improve the 7 Pro before its released in America and can get people like you to buy it and come out with a better version later to make more money from you. Congrats Sprint! Apples and Oranges and what ever kind of fruits you want to mention does not answer the question about whats how it compares to the Samsung Epic 4G besides OS. It at least have mobile hot spot and run on the 4G network with a frontward facing camera and a 4.0 inch screen. People want to make a good decision before they spend their hard ern money, and people want to compare and see the specs before they make a decision. I would rather have windows mobile 7 on my touch pro 2 with Sprint from what the specs show as of NOW! I have a 16 gig micro sd memory card that does a great job and I have the option to expand it with a 32 gig if I choose to. Thats something the 7 Pro does not offer at the MOMENT.overclocked, I've added some specs for you on the Samsung Epic 4G.

Journeyman

You couldnt GIVE me a windows phone! After this HTC TP2, Windows should stop making phones all together PLEASE!

Journeyman

Why do I need to know the specs on the galaxy s? The only info we got so far on mobile multicore processors is nvidia's system-on-chip tegra/2. You want Win7 on your pro, have you checked to see if there's a flashable ROM?

btw this is overclocked

Message was edited by: Callísto

Message was edited by: Callísto

Journeyman

HTC 7 PRO - Motorola es400e

What Im intrested to see is if you will be able to get the HTC touch pro 7 or the Motorola es400e with just a data package? Right now I have an old school sprint plan that includeds unlimited data and no roaming, unlimited txts, first incoming minute free, 1000 minutes, free nights n weekends starting at 7pm with all the other old perks for just $29.99 plus 23% off through my work. However sprint will not let me get an android phone with out opting in to a plan that cost 69.99 or more. I'm not changing my plan for android!! You can use other windows based phones on my plan now. I hope that sprint will honor this with these new windows phones. If anyone knows what the plans are please let me know???????????

Journeyman

Re: HTC 7 PRO - Motorola es400e

It would have been cool for Sprint to get the HD7 like T-mobile, but oh well.  Sprint always has a Windows business phone in its lineup, so I gues 2011 is no exception.  I know I won't be getting the Pro 7, I've had the Pro and Pro 2, so it's time to move on, even though the OS is WP 7.  I'm not too impressed with the new OS anyway.

As far as comparisons go, it appears that the Pro 2 and Pro 7 are pretty much the same phone except the OS has changed.  Comparing Pro 7 to the Epic, you have 3G vs 4G and Windows vs Android.  There are hardware differences, but nothing to call home about.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
    Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat