cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Arrive 7.10.8107.79 Update Schedule

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Arrive 7.10.8107.79 Update Schedule

I really like my HTC Arrive, but there's a new update out for the Windows Phone 7 OS (update # 7.10.8107.79) which fixes some pretty serious issues for a business user like myself. When will Sprint allow this update to be pushed out to it's HTC Arrive users?

The main reason I'm so interested in this smaller update is: my company email is running on a MS Exchange Server 2003 and since I've had my HTC Arrive when I reply or try to forward emails the original message isn't included which sometimes confuses clients and people I work with. This update fixes this serious problem. It also fixes other problems which can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/update-history.asp

Microsoft has made it CLEAR that carriers (in this case Sprint) have the control of when this update goes out. As a customer and a business user, knowing this update exists to fix this imporant problem impacting my business, I fully expect Sprint make this update available shortly to its HTC Arrive users OR I will not renew my contract when it's up. This is a serious Sprint customer service issue because this update is fixing bugs in a product Sprint sold me and which impacts my business.

I look forward to Sprint's swift response and action on this matter.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: HTC Arrive 7.10.8107.79 Update Schedule

Bump, and agreed. I'm in the same boat. For me it's not so much the exchange update but the CA update that's included in 8107. Anytime CAs are revoked I want that information on my phone. If I wanted malware I'd have an Android device. =)

Journeyman

Of course that being said, the biggest problem I'm having right now is the fact that all three of the phones on my account peak at 44k data speeds, and often wont send SMS, so sprint could release the update tomorrow, and it wouldn't matter in the big scheme of things for me.

Journeyman

Yes, it would be nice if Sprint would release the update already or at the very least give us some kind of expected release.

Journeyman

Sprint has openly stated they are no longer interested in Windows Phone. It's sad but true.

I had a Sprint device a decade ago and their customer support sucked. I gave them another chance because the in-store agents were eager about the Arrive. I got it on the day of release & switched from Verizon to Sprint since it seemed Verizon had no plans to properly support Windows Phone.

It appears Sprint has now decided to go back to their old ways of screwing customers by not supporting the devices. They are the ones holding up this update,  no one elsw

So now I will go into a Sprint store the day AT&T launches the Lumia 900, and tell them to their faces why I am switching, pay the ETF, and switch to AT&T. I'm loathe to lose the unlimited data, but I'll gain faster speeds & actual updates to the device.

Journeyman

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat