ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Mogul Backing up Contacts

Journeyman

HTC Mogul Backing up Contacts

Like everyone else, I too am waiting on the new ROM for the Mogul. However, I have never done a ROM upgrade but do know that the phone will pretty much go back to the way it was when I bought it except for any changes the ROM makes. That's fine with me, I have no problem with reloading software and so forth, my only concern is saving my contacts. Can someone tell me if the contacts exist in a file somewhere that I can just copy it to my PC and then put it back after the update? And, if there is, where is it located and what is it called?

If not, any suggestions for backing this up? I haven't really played with ActiveSync much (don't get a lot of time), only to transfer files from my PC to my phone.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC Mogul Backing up Contacts

Yes, ActiveSync would be an easy route to go for backing up your contacts. As for going the file route though, the file you would want to back up is the "pim" or "pim.vol"file in the root directory of the Mogul.

Journeyman

Re: HTC Mogul Backing up Contacts

That's Terrific! Thanks!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat