cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Mogul phone ring problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Mogul phone ring problem

I have a Mogul by HTC that I purchased soon after the units were first released.  It continues to run normally, except for one problem.... the phone refuses to ring when I have an incoming call.  I've gone through the setup menus for sounds and rings, but it refuses to do anything except vibrate when it should be ringing.  When I get text messages, I still get a notification tone.  Any ideas?  Is this more likely a hardware problem, or might I solve it by reloading the operating system?

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Re: HTC Mogul phone ring problem

6820dcarwile wrote:

I have a Mogul by HTC that I purchased soon after the units were first released.  It continues to run normally, except for one problem.... the phone refuses to ring when I have an incoming call.  I've gone through the setup menus for sounds and rings, but it refuses to do anything except vibrate when it should be ringing.  When I get text messages, I still get a notification tone.  Any ideas?  Is this more likely a hardware problem, or might I solve it by reloading the operating system?

I have the Mogul, this happens to me every so often, maybe a few times a year. From what I can figure out it is worse if you change your ringer from on to off/vibrate. So if you make many changes to your ringer setting (from the upper part of your Today screen) that increases the chances that it will flake out. One thing I noticed too, it helps if you ensure that the icon on the screen actually changes to the desired function before you say turn off the phone or press the power button to put it into standby mode. There is a slight delay you will notice between pressing the selection to seeing the icon change. (This is hard to explain)

Switching the ringer setting on the today screen and/or in your "Phone settings" section usually helps "reset" this problem. Make sure to preview your ringer setting in the "Phone settings" by pressing the play button. This way you can actually feel and hear what your selection is. Me I like the vibrate then ring option. Works great when I am in the car with my radio playing.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat