cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC PRO is OK

Patron

HTC PRO is OK

At first I thought just another WinMo device. Well, I'm bound to be half right, right? LOL. JK. But seriously, this phone's no worse than my old Motorola Q9c. I kinda missed the extended battery but that issue on the HTC Touch PRO has already been fixed thanks to the Seidio Innocell 2000 Extended Battery which works just fine. I still think 2000mAh is not nearly enough but with a battery life of about6 hours (constant usage of data services, text and high brightness) it's WAY better than the standard battery pack. The extended battery only adds about 2-3mm of extra thickness to the phone. The battery door that was included fits on just right and has grip. Check out the battery at Emobile.com or ebay store Emobile in Hand, authorized Seidio reseller. After posting my first lookexperience review on YouTube now I'm moving on to finding custom software and homebrews to hack my phone. Serious stuff eh? Total Protection Plan won't cover this! If my phone dies I'll just get another one. This one only cost me $100NIB belive it or not. Anyway I'll keep you posted on my findings just like I did on treoware.com, (sniff...) goodbye PalmOS. Guys at treoware know I went through 6 Palm Centros but it was worth it considring all the positive results the research gave. Anyway, it's already too much for me, I'm hacking this thing, I'll be back with "How to play N64 and Playstation games on HTC Touch PRO". Aleast I hope so. Bye!

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: HTC PRO is OK

I often wonder if maybe the reason why people don't complain enough about a product is because they don't even know the problem exists.  I've gone through 3 HTC Pro's in the last 3 months.  Sprint keeps RMAing them and replacing.  Same issue's all around.  The phone keypad continues to fail.  I can't type something without the space bar locking up and spacing it 10x and the letters tend to either not work or it locks.  This problem exists right out of the box.  This is by far the worst phone I've ever had.  The first phone's bluetooth failed after a month.  I returned it.  The replacement phone had an issue with the keypad and also wouldn't charge half the time.  It was as if the phone had a bad probe.  The 3rd phone had a bad keypad again.  I think this phone is NICE but as for the quality which appears to be good out of the box, it's very poor as soon as you start to use it.

What upsets me the most about this phone is that I paid $500.00 for it and snubbed my nose at the Iphone because I refuse to do AT&T.  I have always received excellent service from Sprint.  The GREAT thing about Sprint as it pertains to this phone is that they have sent me 3 replacements OVERNIGHT so far....no questions asked.  I of course have 15 days to replace the bad phone.  Which I have no problem doing.  Sprint is GREAT about supporting their customers so I find no fault in them for this horrible phone.  The HTC phone is complete garbage and I'm surprised that no one else seems to be posting similar responses.  The only thing that I'm not happy about is that the last Sprint representative I spoke with said I seem to be the only user that has the problems I've been encountering.  I find that very hard to believe.  That's always the canned answer I get from lazy tech support people when a tower is down or my internet connection isn't working....it's always "it must be on your end" until proven otherwise.

The HTC Pro is an absolute garbage product and I'm hoping that on my 4th or 5th replacement, maybe Sprint might finally offer me a totally different phone with another manufacturer.  I'm otherwise going to file a lawsuit against someone soon. 

Journeyman

I totally agree with you Keynon... I purchased my pro out of contract almost 3 months ago, And lets just say i'm on my 5th replacement phone. I've mentioned just sending me out a different model of phone everytime I called and the only option I have been given is i'm due for an upgrade in Dec. so good luck on getting a different device.!

Journeyman

its far from ok but i dont know who to blame. My HTC started having the last picture mail just pop up. so i took it to my local sprint store they handled it. one week later i was going back to sprint store now my keyboard didnt work at at all. i went back and they took longer wit my phone to wipe out my contact list. ok so i start all over again so i lock out my phone and i cant open it back up with the password??? i take the phone to the sprint store and they cant open it doing a "hard start" they tell me to call service serviece direct me to htcs service department and they put me threw to the warrenty dept but the warrenty is voided since sprint works on my phone so now im waiting for a phone to come in the mail they told me three days this very site says one day but it didnt get here on the third day so what can i do complain so they can say it will probbally be there monday when i reported it tuesday it shoulda been here thursday but here i am stuck with a movie prop for a phone on saturday lookin for the ups /fed ex/ anybody to deliver my phone come on sprint!

Journeyman

HTC Pro is the worst Sprint phone I've ever had and I've had some bad Sprint phones. I got this phone to use with my data plan however the battery life is so horrible that Im scared to use it for 3g or wifi. When I do need it as a phone the coverage is so bad here in Southern CA that I have to leave it on roaming (the only way I ever get service). I got this phone as a replacement for the Samsung Instinct, after 7 months of using my HTC pro, I think I want my Samsung back. I wish I could get sprint to pay me back for three years of data service I could never access.

Journeyman

It's funny that Sprint Admin's always reply to billing or trouble shooting posts but I rarely see them reply to postings that are negative about one of their handsets, even when most of the commenters are experiencing similar issues, does Sprint think people are making this stuff up? you think we enjoy bashing a phone in an online message board? why doesn't Sprint ever replace these obvious problem phones with something that works? i guess that would require Sprint admitting that they made a mistake, which is something Ive never heard them do in the 12+ years Ive been with them.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat