Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Snap problems with NFL Mobile Live App

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Snap problems with NFL Mobile Live App

I will first say...I love the HTC Snap..

But I have had one MAJOR problem and I would like to know if anyone else has checked this out..

The problem is NFL Mobile Live..Every time I open the program after like 2 seconds it says lost connection..i click to resume and it keeps saying lost connection..if i do get connected, another problem occurs..

The program allows you to choose your favorite team. When I chose my favorite team (cleveland browns) and i log off the program, the very next time I log into the program it has a totally different team as my favorite and it erases any alerts that I have set up.

I loved NFL Mobile on my old phone (samsung ace) but this is driving me nuts on the Snap.. it definitely seems like there is a major bug in the application for the Snap..

My brother has an instinct and does not have ANY of these problems with NFL mobile Live.

Can some of you check your Snap to see if this is occurring and give me possible tips to correct this problem..

I would uninstall it and try to re-install it... but when i try to it won't let me delete the program..it always says it is in use...even though it is not in use...I have even shut the phone off...turned it back on..and tried to delete it again..and it still won't let me..

Please Help 😞

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC Snap problems with NFL Mobile Live App

I have the same problem with the NFL Mobile Live App, and with the Nascar and Sprint Navigation apps.  According to Microsoft, the problem is ENTIRELY due to the applications being installed as part of the operating system and NOT being uninstallable.  The programs needs to be COMPLETELY UNINSTALLED and the REINSTALLED from scratch.  Hard resetting the HTC Snap does NOT fix the problem.

Unfortunately, there is NO WAY for us to uninstall these applications from the phones and then reinstall them.  I was informed by Microsoft that this was not a good computing practice and this problem needs to be resolved.

As an additional note, since Telenav came out with the full version of their program for the HTC Snap, and I have installed it on my Snap (unfortunately it does NOT remove Sprint Navigator), Telenav runs fine with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever, which confirms what Microsoft is stating.  Telenav says that there was no uninstaller coded for Sprint Navigator on the Snap at Sprint's request, and that they say the same as Microsoft to fix the problem(s) with Sprint Navigator (losing connection, crashing, etc.) is to COMPLETELY uninstall it and reinstall it.  However, until Sprint lets them do the uninstaller their is no way to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Good Afternoon,

I apologize that you are having this issue with the NFL mobile application, may I suggest calling in to the Sprint Technical Support team, there may be a few troubleshooting steps that could be help this issue.

Great Day & My Pleasure.......

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have tried talking to tech support and they have yet to resolve issue..

I was wondering if anyone with an HTC Snap can check their NFL mobile app and see if they are having these same problems..

I have had the Snap over a month and this problem has never been fixed

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem with the NFL Mobile Live App, and with the Nascar and Sprint Navigation apps.  According to Microsoft, the problem is ENTIRELY due to the applications being installed as part of the operating system and NOT being uninstallable.  The programs needs to be COMPLETELY UNINSTALLED and the REINSTALLED from scratch.  Hard resetting the HTC Snap does NOT fix the problem.

Unfortunately, there is NO WAY for us to uninstall these applications from the phones and then reinstall them.  I was informed by Microsoft that this was not a good computing practice and this problem needs to be resolved.

As an additional note, since Telenav came out with the full version of their program for the HTC Snap, and I have installed it on my Snap (unfortunately it does NOT remove Sprint Navigator), Telenav runs fine with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever, which confirms what Microsoft is stating.  Telenav says that there was no uninstaller coded for Sprint Navigator on the Snap at Sprint's request, and that they say the same as Microsoft to fix the problem(s) with Sprint Navigator (losing connection, crashing, etc.) is to COMPLETELY uninstall it and reinstall it.  However, until Sprint lets them do the uninstaller their is no way to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Richard THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I am so glad to finally get an answer to this problem..

Do you have any idea if Sprint know about this and is going to correct it?

Is there anyone we can contact specifically at Sprint that would be able to look into this problem so we can correct this.

NFL Mobile application was the main reason i chose Sprint over Verizon and that is the application that will not work for me.. This needs to be addressed and fix soon or i might as well jump ship from Sprint. They promore this NFL Mobile app every chance they get and then the stupid thing will not work..

Thank again for your help and any other thoughts or suggestions you might have to help us tell sprint to FIX this problem would be appreciated

Highlighted
Journeyman

Message was edited by: PiRaTE-ToDD

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is a new version of NFL Mobile Live, which seems to fix your problem.  You can get it by sending NFL via text message to 7777.

The same applies for Nascar.  Send Nascar to 7777.

Let me know if this helps at all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update:  The Nascar application is apparently incompatible with the HTC Snap.  So is the NFL Mobile Live.  I have talked to Sprint Corporate Office about it, and am expecting a phone call back within the next 24 hours on this issue.  According to the vendors (Nascar, NFL, Microsoft, HTC), the phone shipped with incompatible versions of these applications.

I also mentioned to Sprint Corporate that Nascar, NFL Mobile Live, and Sprint Navigation are set up as System Files on the Snap and are thus non-removable, which could pose problems for people who don't use them and want to remove those applications to reclaim space on the internal memory.

Wengla, Sarah, any input on this issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am so glad you seem to be getting some ground work done on this Richard...

I went to 3 corporate Sprint Stores yesterday...also reset my device...AND IT STILL DIDN'T FIX THE PROBLEM.. Yet Sprint keeps telling me there is no known issues with this device..

I then talked to HTC Tech Support for 30 mins yesterday also and they told me the same thing..they said it was just my phone...no known problem with that application and the device..

Please continue to update this situation.. I am frustrated beyond belief over this issue.. NFL Mobile is THE ONLY reason i switched from another carrier to come to Sprint and these problems will make me cancel very soon if not resolved.

Thankss again for all your help Richard with this issue...

I look forward to seeing this resolved hopefully soon..

Thanks

Todd

Journeyman

Any news since last thursday on this NFL Mobile App issue?

What numbers have you been using to contact Sprint?

I have been talking to them on an almost daily basis about this issue and I keep getting the run around...same goes for the Sprint Store..

This needs to get resolved before the season starts next week.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am on my second snap phone, I was given a second one because they said that not being able to get on nascar and nfl mobile was just a bad phone. I have been getting kicked out of both of them all day. Is there a fix for these two apps. This is why I got this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Shaggy

Apparently Sprint doesnt care about fixing the problem. I actually talked to Ted from Sprint who is in charge of the NFL mobile app. He kept telling me they were working on a fix for the app, but it never happened. I am beyond upset about it. I am only with Sprint because of the NFL app and yet I get the one phone that has problems with the app and noone does anything to fix it.

I have exchanged the phone MULTIPLE times and can assure you it is a problem with ALL HTC Snap phones.

Are you going to help any of your customers with this MAJOR issue Sprint?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat