Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC TOUCH PRO connection issues!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC TOUCH PRO connection issues!!!

I just bought my touch pro yesterday and I cannot get the phone to connect and down load any data, i.e messages, IE and anything else that uses data transfer. I just upgraded from the PPC-6700 and6700 phone worked great with no connection/data transfer problems. I have the unlimited data plan that I kept from the PPC-6700. I can connect to internet when the phone is connected to my computer while I syching.....any ideas????

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Try the fix mentioned in #4 on this thread:
<a target="_blank" href="http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43852&amp;highlight=dataconnection">http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43852&amp;highlight=dataconnection

It may just be a matter of setting Active Profile to 1, but you must also have a "User Name" in the EPST for the data connection to work. Use your Sprint e-mail. If this doesn't fix it, call tech support, and they may need to reset your "Internet" access. You can also call them to get the MSL unlock code instead of using the MSL Grabber, just ask for it.

I had this same problem when I first got my phone, spent about an hour in a Sprint Store before the tech handed it back and told me it needed a username, to call tech support myself and to ask them to reset the network setting for the phone. Not sure why she just didn't do it for me, but... oh well.

Message Edited by dole on 12-22-2008 11:52 AM

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat