cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch PRO2 FREE with activation

Master

HTC Touch PRO2 FREE with activation

Well, T-Mobile and WMDeals have thrown the gauntlet in the faces of Sprint and Verizon. They are giving the TP2 away for free with a two year activation.

Current Offer: Touch Pro II

Available Today!

Stay plugged into Outlook® Mobile with the Windows Mobile Smartphone that supports T-Mobile's 3G Data services. Get your email on-the-go for a great deal: Touch Pro II FREE with new activation of service. Take advantage of this exclusive offer by calling 866-464-8662, press option 3 for new service, and mention promo code "Windows Mobile" when ordering. This offer is only valid via the 800# provided (offer not available at authorized T-Mobile retail stores).

Touch Pro II Specs:

• WM 6.1 OS (upgradeable to 6.5)
  • 3.6 inch WVGA Portrait / Landscape
  • 3G enabled
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g
  • 3.2 Megapixel Camera w/AutoFocus
  • GPS
  • Document Editing
  • Touch Screen, Slide out QWERTY,  TouchFlo interface

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
20 REPLIES 20
Master

Re: HTC Touch PRO2 FREE with activation

This could be a one day only thing as it says, Available Today. But still, I haven't seen Sprint or anyone else offer this kind of deal for the Sprint TP2.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

smotrs wrote:

This could be a one day only thing as it says, Available Today. But still, I haven't seen Sprint or anyone else offer this kind of deal for the Sprint TP2.

I don't think that you will see Sprint offer this.  If you do, it'll be for the "BUSINESS CUSTOMERS".  That's who I guess they're trying to cater to with the TP2.

Master

Yeah, It's almost like Sprint doesn't think the rest of us don't matter.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint's obviously not trying to win over any new customers with the their insane over pricing of the Touch Pro 2.
Hell, even the original Touch Pro is $99.99 out the door at Verizon Wireless! Yet at Sprint, $300 with NO rebate!

I dont know how Sprint, losing as many customers as they are, can continue over pricing smartphones like this while the competition (who are already bringing in millions of new customers) can undercut them by so much.

Wake up Sprint.. at the very least, price match what Verizon is charging for their HTC phones!

Journeyman

yup thats why i just switched today and got 2 free tp2 and i get the same coverage in my area and my plan still comes out to 130 with unlimeted text n web just less minutes butthat doesnt bother me so long sprinty

Journeyman

Guys,

Let's see this for what it is. T-Mobile has crap service and crap coverage. They'd have to give away drugs to get people to even think about going there. Sure, give away the TouchPro 2 for free, get you hooked for 2 years of crap service.

Now, the tradeoff is, wait about 5-10 months, TouchPro2 WILL drop in price, there will be too many newer other phones which will make the TP2 not such a great phone any more. Plus, what do you really get with a TP2?

it's got the same specs as the TP

It's got the same weak camera as the TP

it's got the same OS version as the TP

it's got the same weak memory and processor

The biggest difference between the TP and TP2? a bigger screen bc they made the jogwheel go away.

HOW is that worth all this effort?

Journeyman

Why should we have to wait 5-10 months.  Sprint business customers don't have to.  Verizon customers don't have to.  And I just found out T-mobile customers don't have to either.  They can get the phone directly from HTC for $199.  The Sprint TP2 is not even offered directly through HTC.

It would not be a big issue if cell phone companies did not hold customers hostage for 2 years. Once they have you, your stuck.  Technology is always changing and other companies have to keep up with competition or die.  Cell phone companies can lock someone in for two years and not have to service them.

I think the best answer is to not accept the cell phone companies bribe of a discount and just purchase the phone without a contract.  Especially now that I have a year or so still on my current contract to save the $.  

Wizard

I agree with you about the specs but the TP2 is world phone and you can use it outside of US when you are on a trip.

That is the only reason I want to get it so I don't need to carry 2 phones

I am waiting for Sprint to drop the price so I can get it.

Journeyman

Not sure if it was this or another post athat talked about the TCO (total cost of ownership) between what you pay with Verizon and what you pay with Sprint over the life of the phone plan and phone.

I'm up for contract end in December 2009. From the TCO comparison I saw, I am very much thinking I may go back to Verizon. Better coverage, and better cost overall?

Money being what it is, this is a no-brainer.

I wonder if ANYONE at Sprint retentions is even aware that the TCO for Verizon versus Sprint for the TP2 is better?

Does anyone from Sprint even have a response as to why the phone is more expensive up-front from Sprint?

No, I suppose not, any wonder why they're bleeding customers?

Master

You may be referring to the following thread.

--

Journeyman

On a related note, I went to Verizon from my company's discounted plan page and the TP2 is out of stock. They have no idea when it will come back and no care if you even decide to become a customer.              

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat