Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch Pro 2 Text Notification

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Touch Pro 2 Text Notification

My touch pro 2 won't seem to notify me with an alert sound even though I have it set to do just that.

Can anyone tell me if they have this issue?  I have to be on call so this is not something I'll be able to deal with for long....

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 Text Notification

and here I am trying to get it to stop notifying me with sounds that I have received a text. How do I turn just that off??? I just want it to vibrate when I get a text.

Highlighted
Journeyman

have either of you gone to the following applet:

Settings > Sounds and Notifications applet > Notifications tab?

Highlighted
Journeyman

To fix it upgrade to WM 6.5

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea, it took me a few trys to figure it out.

You have to go to SETTINGS, SOUNDS & DISPLAY, NOTIFICATION SOUNDS. make sure the NEW TEXT MESSAGE switch is ON. Then just touch the wording NEW TEXT MESSAGE and it will take you to the sounds and you can also choose to set VIBRATE as well.

The should have put the text in a raise bar so you could tell it is a button or something.

Hope this helps!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat