cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch Pro 2 at BestBuy! When? Where?

Go to solution
Wizard

HTC Touch Pro 2 at BestBuy! When? Where?

Does anyone know if the Sprint TP2 will ever make it to BestBuy?

My TP went belly up and I am getting a new phone from BestBuy. The choices for Sprint phones are terrible at my local BB stores

Beside Blackberry Tour and Samsung Intrepid, I don't see any other good choice.

They want me to get an Android phone but I have no interest in it.

I have a lots of WM apps that will go to waist if I change to another platform.

I asked about the TP2 and the Sales Rep told me they are not going to carry it (I never believe a sales rep...)

I noticed that local Sprint stores just got their 1st shipment of TP2 and hope BestBuy will get it soon; otherwise I just have to wait until HTC DH2 is out on Sprint (Wishful thinking )

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 at BestBuy! When? Where?

I called Best Buy this morning, December 30, 2009 and asked if they had the HTC Touch Pro 2 and was informed by the mobile telephone staff that they will not be carrying the HTC Touch Pro 2.

Wizard

I did the same here and got the same answer.

They gave me the HTC Hero and I am using it for the past 2 weeks.

Phone is ok but too small for me and I am missing the keyboard

Journeyman

Probably because they had so many problems with the TP1 that they had to stop carrying that model.

Journeyman

It's on their web site now, for whatever that's worth.  $350 with no rebates.

Wizard

Thank you so much.

Now I can return the Hero and get the TP2

Journeyman

I don't like looking at phones at Best Buy because they don't have working models, and the people that work there seem to know even less about the phones than the people who work at the carriers' stores.  As to the HD2 it seems like everyone (including myself) is really hoping that Sprint picks it up.  It would be great for Sprint if they do, the HD2 looks to have the cleanest interface of any phone I've seen.

Wizard

gpsxsirus wrote:

I don't like looking at phones at Best Buy because they don't have working models, and the people that work there seem to know even less about the phones than the people who work at the carriers' stores.  As to the HD2 it seems like everyone (including myself) is really hoping that Sprint picks it up.  It would be great for Sprint if they do, the HD2 looks to have the cleanest interface of any phone I've seen.

I know about BestBuy and non working phone models.

I usualy test the phone at Sprint store before heading to BB so I don't have to deal with the mail-in-rebate.

I will be getting HD2 as soon as it gets out with or without Sprint.

In a couples of days, we will know what Sprint was hiding at CES

Highlighted
Journeyman

What's coming up in a couple days?  I bought a Touch Pro 2 on Monday and ended up returning it last night.  Tired of waiting I ordered a Nexus One last night.  I'm going to be disappointed in my lack of patience if Sprint anounces the HD2 or Passion in the next couple days.

Master

BTW, earlier this week, Monday to be exact, the TP2 showed up briefly for 1 day on the Best Buy website under Sprint phones. Same crappy price though. The following day it was no where to be found.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat