cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch Pro - TV Sprint issues, Uninstalling Programs, and other issues

Journeyman

HTC Touch Pro - TV Sprint issues, Uninstalling Programs, and other issues

I purchased an HTC Touch Pro phone a couple weeks ago. I've been having some issues that I'm hoping can be solved.

1) Yesterday TV Sprint told me there was a new version of the program available. I downloaded and selected "open" instead of "save." During install, it stated there was an older version of TV Sprint installed and asked permission to uninstall it. I permitted it. Then it stated the uninstall was unsuccessful and asked if I should continue installing. I said yes. It then stated it was unsuccessful installing.

Now whenever I attempt to launch TV Sprint I receive the following error: "THe file 'Sprint TV' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

If I try to update, it states "There was a connection error while attempting to update TV channels. Retry?" If I retry, the same error appears.

So what do I do?

2) How do I uninstall PocketExpress(which is the gaudiest program I have ever seen), Windows Messenger, or any other preinstalled program that isn't listed when I go to Start -> Settings -> Remove Programs. The only programs my "Remove Programs" permits me to remove are Yahoo! Go, Sprint Picture Mail, Microsoft Live Search, and Google Maps.

3) How can I get the 3D Touch Flow slider at the phone face's bottom to open something other than Opera under the "Internet" tab? I'd like to assign IE or Opera 9.5, but I see no option.

4) When I connect to a wireless LAN through the phone's WiFi antennae and surf the web, is my phone using the WiFi or the the Sprint Network's data connection to connect to the internet? If it's using the Sprint Network, can I change the settings so the phone always usesWiFi to surf when connected to a wireless network?

5) Why does my phone keep defaulting to the on-screen keyboard input function despite my setting the default input method on "transcriber"?

I'd appreciate any answers to these questions. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: HTC Touch Pro - TV Sprint issues, Uninstalling Programs, and other issues

I'm having the exact same problems with sprint tv and would appreciate a direct link to the cab installer. EDIT: or at least put a link to it on the "power deck" under updates where the picturemail cab is. Its no longer in any of my opera history or anywhere in my phone.

I'm really starting to get fed up with sprint, maybe I should have gotten the tp from att or verizon.

Message Edited by benitojuarez on 12-13-2008 12:43 AM

Journeyman

In general I'm happy with my HTC Touch Pro. However, I wish the intro screen was more streamlined. I want one button to do internet. I don't want a "slide here, now push this." I want one button to text and so on.

The 3D Flow screen is very pretty, and I like it, but I wish I could tailor it.

Journeyman

Esquire theres tons of ways to customize the phones.  You just have to do a lot of reading,  im still working on figureing out how to change all the icons along the top not just the battery but i obviously dont have the stock theme.

check out

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

and http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=437 as a start.

Just remember any time you want to change something in TF3D you need to disable the plugin BEFORE making the changes.  And backup your phone, you will probably screw something up the first time you do it.  I know i did.

Message Edited by benitojuarez on 12-13-2008 02:58 PM
Message Edited by MikeLee on 12-13-2008 06:55 PM

Journeyman

I got tired of waiting, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself

Journeyman

@benitojuarez wrote:

I'm having the exact same problems with sprint tv and would appreciate a direct link to the cab installer. EDIT: or at least put a link to it on the "power deck" under updates where the picturemail cab is. Its no longer in any of my opera history or anywhere in my phone.

I'm really starting to get fed up with sprint, maybe I should have gotten the tp from att or verizon.

Message Edited by benitojuarez on 12-13-2008 12:43 AM

The Verizon version has less memory and a horrible keyboard layout. Both VZW and ATT's version of the Touch Pro have their GPS locked (IIRC...) and I don't recall whether they've figured out how to unlock them. Another hoop to jump through in order to get other apps that use the GPS working. Both are less desirable than our Sprint version.

And Esquire, if you don't like having the extra actions to do to open stuff and don't mind losing the "prettiness" of TF3D, you may just want to turn TF3D off completely and utilize the native Today screen, packs more info and functionality into the main screen than TF3D does.

Message Edited by dole on 12-13-2008 04:50 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do I need to uninstall the program I currently have on my phone before trying the cabs you listed? If so, could you explain how to do so? Thanks so much!

Journeyman

what do i do to make it work ?

Journeyman

Today TV Sprint told me there was a new version of the program available. I downloaded and selected "open" instead of "save." During install, it stated there was an older version of TV Sprint installed and asked permission to uninstall it. I permitted it. Then it stated the uninstall was unsuccessful and asked if I should continue installing. I said yes. It then stated it was unsuccessful installing.

Now whenever I attempt to launch TV Sprint I receive the following error: "THe file 'Sprint TV' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

If I try to update, it states "There was a connection error while attempting to update TV channels. Retry?" If I retry, the same error appears.

So what do I do?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat