cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch Pro....worst phone ever

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Touch Pro....worst phone ever

To start with this phone for this phone to be so expensiveit sure does have one too many issues

1)My settings are setup correctly to access the internet, as I have used the internet on the phone plenty of times but there are days where I do not have internet service for practically the whole day. You pay for the simply everything plan to get simply nothing.....what gives??? Not to mention SPRINTtv barely works. Why have all of these features if they never work seriously?????

2) I barely had the phone for a month and the keyboard no longer works.....now what exactly does this expensive do if the slide out keyboard stops working already. I text message alot so this was a feature I was looking forward to but since it doesn't work anymore....or let me repharse it....the keyboard keys get stuck. If I do try to type nothing happens so I am forced to use the touch screen.

3) I do not get any instant messaging alerts. YES all of my settings are set correctly. I even called HTC support outside of sprint and they couldn't figure out the issue...this is in regards to yahoo messenger. The only way I will get an alert is if the backlight is lite on my phone.

4) Phone comes on and off by itself and it has NOTHING to do with picture mail, the phone just does it by itself, there are no incoming messages or anything that is causing this issue

5) Not sure if its SPRINT or the phone but 95% of the time I get a delayed text message. I know its delayed because the timestamp the person texted me at comes through. Is this the sprint network delaying text messages?

6) I won't get on incoming calls SPRINT can we step up the service a notch or two. It makes no sense for someone to have full service bars but no incoming calls but the person calling gets sent straight to voicemail.

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Journeyman

I love my touch pro, just hate the battery life. Even the commander program didn't solve my problems with the battery life. The phone does get hot though that's for sure while it's charging, but every feature on the phone is used and a million percent better than any blackberry out there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am pleased to tell you guys that even after calling the Consumerist Hotline, I was offered the option of upgrading to a different phone with an updgrade discount (I am already eligible for the $150 discount) plus an additional $70 dollars for my inconvenience. This all included signing a new two year contract...so it isn't worth it. I sucked it up and now am the new owner of a shiny white 32gb iPhone. The reps at the ATT store were sooooo nice and the techs I have spoken to act like I am their first priority. It is really nice speaking to people who all act as if they love their job. Even when they deliver bad news (tell me certain features are not available yet), they are smiling and giving me something as a small gift of appreciation. I love ATT so far...they have got customer service in the bag.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would have to agree with this poster ... I have had the HTC touch for 9 months now. It has been replaced 3 times and will be going back today as its not working well again.

The first phone that I had was obviously the 'brand new' one that they give you when you sign up on the initial contract. Boo on the Telus guy for telling me that this phone had picture text messaging. Not the phones fault! The phone stopped picking up a signal about 2 months after i got it. So the nice techinical guy walked me through a bunch of problem solving steps to no avail. They replaced the phone under warrenty.

The second HTC I received was obviously a referb. In fact the individual's dictionary was still under the auto fill when I was writing text messages. That phone lasted about 3 months and had a firmware freeze. The phone would not load after a reset! No to mention it would not recognize the chager ... Again the phone was replaced.

The third HTC replacement is the best in my opinion! .. you know that menu you would get if you ran your finger upwards from the bottom of the screen to the top? That would not work anymore and if you tried it would stop the phone from having any touch screen capabilities what so ever ...... rendering the phone useless. So I tried to cope ... any emails or incoming calls would freeze the phone ... the reset would take about 10 mins and then an additional 10 mins to get a signal! Most rediculious thing ever!

I freaked out on Telus and so far they have really tried the whole customer service thing ... the first problem they gave me 50% off my bill for 3 months.

The second time they credited my account with a 300.00 upgrade allowance even though I have only been on my plan for 6 months

This last time which I havent taken advantage of .... I have only had this contract for 9 months and have no upgrades available ... except the 300.00 they gave me a couple months ago ... They instead have extended my contract to another 3 years ... (oh well i was only 9 months in anyways) and have given me unlimited text messaging for the entire 3 years of this contract .... so not bad with the customer service .. horrible phone ......

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had some of the problems everyone is talking about. This is my only phone though, never had to be replaced. I talked with Sprint reps face to face about missing calls and they said that it's their network that causes it. Like for instance, someone will call me and it rings like 5 or 6 times on their end then goes to voicemail. Yet it'll only ring once or twice on my phone. They said this is because when other people on different carriers try to call you, their provider signal is trying to locate the sprint network (although this happens when someone on Sprint calls me too). This does get VERY annoying. The same goes for text messages. The time stamp can be upwards of 1 day off from when I receive them. It would be nice if they would provide a ROM update but i'll probably just install a 3rd party ROM to see if any of this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought the same phone, thinking it was the best thing ever. I didn't bother to research reviews of the phone online. At first, the phone worked really great. A noticable bit of lag, but it didn't bother me too much for what I needed to use the phone for.

I experienced, later on, a whole mess of problems. Then, after a month, the screen kept degrading. Forcing me to soft-reset and restart the phone frequently to get the screen to work. I couldn't even use the pull-out keyboard if I did get the screen to work, because the screen would just freeze.

Eventually, the screen stopped working. I'm paying for a phone service now in which it's impossible to use my phone in it's current state. (Edited correction: I technically can use my phone. I just have to turn it on, wait a whole 8 minutes for the darn thing to properly boot up, and hope I'm at the right screen to which I can press the voice command button to voice dial someone. That barely works too, because it takes over 20 tries for it to even recognize I'm speaking. Then when it finally recognizes I'm speaking, it doesn't understand what I'm saying. Just picture someone yelling at their phone for 5 minutes shouting "Call, Jen" to a phone that appears to not even be on.) I'm at a loss of what to do with this phone, because I'm sure as heck not paying a large sum of fees to get the phone repaired. I've kept the phone in great condition, the phone has just done this on it's own.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I bought the phone from Best Buy, but I'd rather work with Sprint personally than Best Buy. Can I return the phone to a Sprint store and get a replacement? Should I contact the manufacturer? (HTC?)

I don't think it's right that a phone that I've had for about a month and a half should turn out to be completely useless. Even if I had a replacement plan, or whatever it's referred to as by Sprint or Best Buy, I'm quite sure they'd end up charging me some fee anyway. I think a service like that should only be used if user damage or accidental damage is applied. Not for manufacturer's defects from a newly purchased phone.

Anyone have any numbers, suggestions, steps I can take to resolve this issue?

Message Edited by IceSage on 07-09-2009 02:05 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got to say that yes, the TP has some issues. it apperas the issues that most of you have experineced are horrible, however I haven't had any issues like that. I added some aditional tweaks and software to my device to make it run like I want. Changed out some configuration settings and such. Best programs I have loaded thus far are SPB Mobile Shell 3(dump the touchflo crap), second is Memmaid, its a lifesaver for getting things dialed in so to speak. I have done a few other things as well, more technical but for general user the above 2 apps will help your experience. The keyboard problem well thats hardware and yes get it replaced ASAP. Well as I am writing this I have knocked on wood and thrown salt over my shoulder just for good luck. If that don't work I am Irish so maybe that will save me. Cheers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having similar issues. My phone will occasionally ring and no caller ID will come up. Sometimes I press talk and the touch pad and the button to answer a call and it won't answer. The phone keeps coming on for no reason. It's very slow in performing any task. The battery life is horrible. My phone dies in less than a day. When I'm on a call, my ear starts programs because it does not have a touchpad lock while on a call. It would be nice to have a touch pad lock that is disengaged by the stylus being removed. The phone freezes for no apparent reason. There is no free syncing software for Macs. The touch pad does work very well at times. I miss a lot of calls and get text messages out of order. Picture mail takes 2 to 3 weeks for my recipients to get the message. When I view a webpage, The font will sometimes shrink so small I can't read it after the page is open for a few minutes. The zoom feature does not restore the image. It also does this if I put the phone to sleep while a webpage is open. The phone turns off Bluetooth for no reason.

Quite frankly, I hate this phone. It doesn't work well. It's expensive. It has bad battery life. Sprint, I expect my money back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I, too, am a 10 yr. customer with three lines and Everything/Data service. My HTC touch is not getting calls. Big delays in getting messages, texts. And, the other day I got a voicemail saying I'd missed a call but the call never showed in my call history! I've talked to tech support multiple times and went to original Sprint store where I signed up 10 yr. ago. They upgrades s/w and said problem should be fixed. It wasn't. How do I get Sprint customer service to let me upgrade to a better phone, like an Palm Pre or iphone so I don't miss any more client or personal calls, texts? Should I ask for cancellation/customer retention? I haven't talked to them for a long time. Tx.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone had trouble with the phone not charging?  I have had the phone for 9 months and had it not charge twice in the last week, even with different chargers, so I brought it in thinking maybe something was loose since the first time it started charging when I accidentally dropped it a couple of feet.  Anyway, the guy opened it up and said that I'd gotten it wet.  I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN IT WET, EVER!  Anyway, then he happened to get it to charge in the store and then said that the screen was also "going out" since the backlight stayed on.  It has been doing that for months, but I never thought anything of it.  This phone is a piece of crap and I hope it lasts 3 more months until I can get something reliable.  (I had my last phone for 3-4 years!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also I have had the same issues as everyone else here.  The tech said the phone was getting too hot but the book does say that it does get hot.  How are we supposed to know how hot is too hot?  (Our summer temps here are well over 100 and sometimes close to 120.)

The phone locks up and I have to take the battery out and restart it, etc.  I think I will call Sprint on Monday for a different phone.  The repair tech recommended Blackberry, and at least it uses the same charger.

Highlighted
Wizard

I have the Touch Pro since it came out. I had to replace it after a week.

A week ago and so ago it started acting up and finally I cannot power it up. I took it back to BestBuy for repair. Not I am waiting to see what is wrong with the phone.

If the TP2 was not so pricy I would be getting it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

this phone can eat ass!  the screen freezes, the fucking time zone changes by itself! shit can batrely dial out! I'M WAITING FOR THE INSTINCT DASH TO DROP NEXT MONTH AND  I'M TOSSING THIS SHITTY ASS PHONE!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat