(Updated: This seems to have been resolved as geolocation is now working again)
Windows Mobile 6.5:
HTC Location Service:
Message was edited by: rgramke04
Anyway to do a wiki on this topic?
Quirks that bug me,
* Brain-dead animation of the clock on the Home page: if you have to take a glance quick, you've gotta to do some math by adding 1hr and 2min. The cuteness may last longer with other folks, but there should at least be an obvious way to disable it.
* Can't add more shortcut buttons to Home
* Opera is unpredictable at launch/switch, sometimes you keep the pages you had, other times it's fresh reboot
* Even with the keyboard slid out (and sometimes only upon it slides out), the on-screen keyboard logo appears on the bottom, PRECISELY overlapping with the page control in Opera
* IE is no escape--still only one page and, you've gotta have patience, lots of it
* Word Mobile now scrolls with finger movement. Right press only gives "Select All". It takes a google to figure out how to select text.
* LiveSearch morphes into Bing. When it doesn't crash upon launching, it demands to know your location all the time
* Every program is eager to know your location. Someone should write a utility for easy GPS switchoff. Otherwise, you have to go to Phone/Options/CDMA Services/Location/... It's obvious the interface is designed to tramp on privacy
* Oh, this wonderful sliding bar to take or reject calls: do you slide towards the action or do you expand the colored bar that stands for the action?
* The phone doesn't want to ring more than a couple of times
* Above all, I still couldn't find a way to revert Office Mobile 6.1, Opera Mini in WM 6.0, and the old LiveSearch that's happy without GPS.
It's possible that I might have missed something. If you know remedies, I'm all ears.
I have several problem, we have two touch pro 2, mine was replaced two days ago under warranty. After two days it updated the weather, however it jumped to eastern time zone. Other phone is fine. If I tell sprint, they don't believe us. Sometimes arguing with techinal department is like talking to brick wall.
I am on my Third Touch Pro 2 and have had all of the same problems with each one. Sprint doesnt beleive me at all and I have jumped through evey hoop. Does any one have any way to get through this?
I've been having major lockups on my HTC Touch Pro2 and the only thing I have found to do is to pull the battery and restart it. runs good for about a day or so and then I have to restart it again.
It seems like right before it "hangs" the performance is really slow. I've opened up Task Manager and it will show nothing running and the system is still slow right before it hangs.
I agree, I've been getting the very same problem from the very first day I bought the phone and its getting to a point where it annoys me. If I'm on the phone and have another call coming in, the screen freezes, not allowing me to click over. ANNOYANCE, Way too much money spent to not work properly.
I seem to be having better performance now that I removed some of the additional apps. Even though Taskman didn't show them running they still must have been doing something to slow the system down. It seems to be running much better now. I don't have time to narrow it down to which app it was because I had a lot of stuff installed on it.
Is there a solution to this problem, cause i'm just about to throw my phone in the trash
Removing some of the applications resolved all my hanging issues for a while and then it started up again.
When I brought it in to the Sprint store the local tech looked at it and told me I had too much e-mail and I was running out of space in internal memory.
I switched my e-mail from holding 1 week to only holding 3 days. My phone is running like new again.
I get 500+ e-mails a week in my inbox so this may not be the issue you are running into but it's worth a try before you throw it in the trash.
Thank you very much for that advice. Of all the replies I have received to my complaint, that is the first one that offers a possible solution. All the others were complaints of similar nature. It pretty much made me think of filing a class action suit on behalf of us all because both Sprint Corporate and their repair centers have been completely futile.
Now, how do I change the setting to only hold 3 days of emails rather than a week. I probably receive close to 500 emails a week if not more, myself. So I see this as a definite possibility to the problem. I do not have any apps loaded. I am on my 5th phone now and haven't even had one work long enough to download an app.
Thanks again for your help. Let me know how I can change that setting.
I'm not sure if your setting will be the same since I'm connected to Exchange server but here is what I had to do:
1. From the home screen select the "Mail" tab from the bottom scroll window.
2. Select "Inbox" in the bottom left of the screen
3. Select "Menu->Tools->Options..." (Note: you may have to slide the menus up to see "Tools" and "Options..." as they might not all fit on your screen)
4. Select "* Outlook E-mail"
5. Select "Next" on the Edit Server Settings screen
6. Select "Next" on the User Information screen
7. Highlight "E-mail" and select "Settings..." on the Edit Server Settings screen
8. This should bring you to the E-mail Sync Options screen.
you should be able to select the number of days you want to download and what format you want the messages to be in. I also switched my messages to be downloaded in plan text.
Then all you have to do is Select OK in the upper right corner.
Hope that helps. It did for my phone.