cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch Pro2: List of Bugs in ROM 2.04.651.4 (Windows 6.5) - End-User Known Issues

Journeyman

Re: HTC Touch Pro2: List of Bugs in ROM 2.04.651.4 (Windows 6.5) - End-User Known Issues

UGH, Where Do i begin?

Okay I am going to try and help you all as much as possible and I will tell you my story to start.  I orginally got the HTC Touch Pro (The Brick), after three repairs on it they with out a even a pause handed me My new HTC TP2.  Well To tell you this will be my last windows phone ever is an understatement!  The HTC Sense (Remember still on 6.1 cause they were new at thhis time) felt like it was designed by some stoned flunky from high school, after 3 days i took to the internet and found the only thing the kept me from throwing it in the lake,  SPB Mobile Shell!  I was not happy about having to spend another 30 bucks just so I could actually use the damn thing but let me tell you its the difference between night and day!  ITS FULLY Customizable, the program is OUTSTANDING.  Okay with that in mind lets move up the time a bit to 6.5 release, now i am an uber tech head and my phones usualy only last 6months at that just due to wear and tear, I make them do EVERYTHING they can and then some!  I was really avoiding the upgrade to 6.5, but seeing how much faster it seemed to be I went ahead and did the deed. Well a week later my phone was destroyed (Due to a friends child slamming it on the patio corner....)  I was thankfull that i got the replacement with good old 6.1 running the show.   See SPB Mobile shell and 6.5 fight a little bit, not to mention 6.5 NEVER ACTUALLY closes a program, you have to go to the task manager to shut it down, EVEN if you close it from the corner shutdown.  To say the least windows should get out of the phone market please, this has been my first last and ONLY windows phone ever, simply because its TOO MUCH TOO SLOW and OVERLY windowsy.  I miss Palm!  Oh yea so i did the upgrade again simply because now OUTLOOK 2010 wont sync with anything other than 6.5 what a freaking MESS!

Journeyman

Re: HTC Touch Pro2: List of Bugs in ROM 2.04.651.4 (Windows 6.5) - End-User Known Issues

I've experienced all the bugs listed and more on my Touch Pro2.  I've been using HTC phones for a long time and each one has been replaced at least once in the time I owned them.  They all have had similar issues.  Sprint continues to seem baffled by it, and they still haven't released a new software update for the Pro2.  The one update they released all the way back in March only went to 6.5 when 6.5.3 was already available in February....epic fail Sprint....epic.  They don't care, if they did, we'd have updates and fixes available, but they obviously want us to pay for an EVO 4G even though it doesn't have GSM capability and there's no 4G service in most areas.  What's the point?  I'll continue to use the Pro2 and continue to call customer support with complaints because it has all the features I want, when/if they work and maybe just maybe continued badgering will make them do something... one can only hope.

Journeyman

I agree this is a solution to one of the worst problems on the phone.  Problem is that when using Yahoo or other IMAP email, the setting for 3 days gets changed, on it's own, to a much longer time frame, sometimes downloading all email.  This has occured several times.  I have to then delete my Yahoo account on the phine and start the set up again.  For some reason my SprintTV has stopped working as well.  "Cannot connect to server:7008" is the error.  Like others have said, this phone cost way too much to have this many issues,  I am very dissapointed with this phone.

Journeyman

Just stumbled across this thread on Sprint.com

The problem IS NOT the phone!!!  HTC makes wonderful products.  I have a TP2 and before that I got the original Touch on the day Sprint released it back in '07.  I work with people who have the same phone models on Verizon and T-Mobile.  Their phones work just fine, without so much as a hiccup.

I did some research and finally spoke with two software engineers.  One from HTC and another from Sprint.  We were on an extemely iluminating 3-way call that left me upset. . . . . . REALLY UPSET!  If what these gentlemen told me were true, ALL TP2 USERS WERE DUPED BY SPRINT!

It seems that when HTC sends a phone to Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint, the Sprint Phone is made to a specific SPrint specefication that is different from Verizon or T-Mobile.  99.9% of all bugs come from SPRINT'S PROGRAMMING.  For example:  TP2 originally came with WM v6.1  after the release of WM v6.5 it took sprint months to come out with it's update - complete with all of the bugs listed on this thread.   Consumers of Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T dont suffer (yes, suffer) these issues. Ask yourself with the big launch of WM7, Sprint has nothing to come to market with.  The OS has to be cooked with the Sprint 'spices' before being unleashed on the consumer.  Do you think Steve Jobs would let this happen to the precious iPhone?

Tech Support will never tell you this.  Tech supports fully aware of all of these problems, however they're powerless to do anything about it.  As soon as a Tech Support supervisor conveys repetitive glaring problems with handsets, they're basically told to follow the 'protocols on the flip chart(s)' which, by the way seem to come pre-printed with strategies on dealing with these 'issues.'  Hmmmm.  pre-printed!?

Sprint's thinking behind this came from a Consumer Reports study done back in 2001 (or 2002), that stated that most people hold onto smartphone handsets, on average, for 6 months and 3 weeks.  Sprint's intention was to take advantage of this consumer 'product cycle.'  When a customers frustration level hit's fever pitch, sell them a new phone.  Cell phones are an indispensable tool in today's society.  It is the one item that is never out of arms reach.  And if it is, it brings a sudden sense of panic.  The Cell phone is everyone's saftey blanket.'  Any cell company can take advantage of (and manipulate) like this and succeed.  As Sprint has demonstrated. 

Bottom line is Sprint screwed us.

Journeyman

The HTC 7 Pro is coming out soon (early 2011)... Sprint Exclusive... same features as the TP2, only it will be Windows Phone 7.  Oh yeah, and no, it won't be 4G capable according to the specs I read.  Sprint will probably be half-assing the ROM on this phone as well, and continue to ignore the problems with the TP2 in an effort to push us towards upgrading and spending more money again... the vicious cycle continues.

2 year contract or not, if Verizon could give me a similar monthly cost I'd seriously consider changing carriers...  I like the phones/features that I've been getting at sprint, but the lack of customer service and updated software is very annoying.  Every time I call CS/TS they act like they've never heard of these bugs, they obviously aren't reading these forums or they would have responded by now.  Very Disappointed.

Journeyman

Is there any way to file some kind of class action suit?  Any attorneys out there willing to draft a petition and get the ball rolling because I am on board.  I have pages upon pages of documented hours wasted in the store and on the phone.

Even just tonight, after being on hold with tech support for about 30 minutes from my home land line becuase my phone is frozen AGAIN, my call was mysteriously disconnected. I didn't have the patience to call back; but do you think they called me back to apologize and help?  Still waiting.  I'll probably get that call back about 1130 tonight when I've gone to sleep.  Yes, they have done that twice to me in previous months.

All they try and do is offer me another phone that doesn't work on my plan because they want me out of the plan I'm grandfathered into.  I have lost all respect for this company and its time they pay us all financially for our valuable time and the business that they have cost us!

Journeyman

hi guys... i have a touch pro 2 and when i turn off HTC Sense and use windows default skin, i cant set my ringer profile to automatic for my phone to go to vibrate during an appointment. matter of fact, there are no profile settings at all when i turn off HTC Sense. However, when sense is on, im able to access a Sounds & Display settings and the profile settings are in there. does anyone know how i can access profile settings on the touch pro 2 with HTC Sense turned off and windows default on?? or is this a bug? i prefer sense turned off! gosh!!! please someone help??

Journeyman

Yes, I had the same problems and they act like I am not telling the truth. The worst thing that they could do, as this is my 3rd or 4th phone (I can t remember) but my plan is finally fulfilled and I can move on.

Journeyman

HTC Touch Pro2: List of Bugs in ROM 2.04.651.4 (Windows 6.5) - End-User Known Issues

Gosh, I agree and I wish I could go back to WiMo 6.1 OS.  It seemed to work just fine on my HTC Touch Pro2 and I will not be without all my favorite Spb programs!  Donald McKellar.

Journeyman

Good news my wife and kids just upgraded their phones to the HTC Arrive with Windows phone 7 and it just ROCKS!!!!! 

That thing is just FAST!!! and everything works so smoothly it's awesome!!!. 

HTC has at least won back some respect in my eyes with that phone.

I'm not eligible because I bought this flakey Touch Pro2 less than a year ago.  now I have to wait until 6/1/2011

I can't wait!!!

Journeyman

I have started that process as well but I already found Amazon Wireless selling the Arrive for 50 bucks brand new.  Now since i have gone thru what will now be my 5th HTC TP2 handset, cause the referb they gave me has  some signal issues that only this one has had as well as the text issue keeps reappearing out of no where.  I have had to reinstall the rom for this particular handset 4 times already.  I dont even use HTC Sense, I got SPB Mobile shell which thank god for that program or i would have gone nuts trying to use that sense crap.  Who designed that, some apple reject kissing their feet with a horribly functional os.  You know, what happend to consumer product testing?  REAL Consumer product testing, you know like the ones that will put a device to its limits to see how much it can all really do.  That seems to be my fault, I want a smartphone to be SMART.  Heck i went thru 9 Treo 600's 8 Treo 650's espically when i found out that they both had programming faults from day one that were never going to be fixed.  Sigh, I have been with sprint for so long, but i am truly getting sick of being the last ones to get our problems fixed.  I will die before i own any apple piece of garbage.  Apple can burn in the fire they have created, thier push for Digital rights managment, is slowly giving politicans steam to get their greedy clutches in to the internet for godsake.    

Journeyman

I have the same issues! I've had 4 of these phones already, sprint won't substitute it for a different phone! So unhappy!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat