cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch Pro2

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Touch Pro2

Right now I own a Motorola Q9C Smartphone. I visited the Sprint Store on my way to work to take a look at the Touch Pro2. One of the techicians at this Sprint Store suggested that I SHOULDN'T purchase the TP2. Why ? He stated, "out of all the phone in their store, the TP2 is the phone that's experiencing the most problems!" What types of problems, he never mentioned. I was a bit disappointed once he told me this. Now I'm not sure if I should upgrade to the TP2 !

So who's having problems with their TP2 ? Are the problem software and hardware issue ? I think i may have given the phone a chance if I didn't have to shell out $ 400.00 for the phone upfront. And yes, i am aware of the rebate for this phone, but I guess i'll wait around until April 2010, and then make a decision on this phone.

Message was edited by: c50grand

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: HTC Touch Pro2

I have been searching the community to find anyone else having the same problems with their TP2 as I am.  My TP2 continues to have random problems with executable programs (.exe).  I would get an alert there was an error with some program and then the system would start slowing down and then start soft booting by itself.  It would try to reinitiate the hands free activation but would always fail.  Finally the system would crash altogether and set itself up for a hard boot, which ultimately reset everything to the factory settings and eliminate all of my info on the phone.  The first TP2 bought was replaced since the Sprint Store couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I have taken the new one back twice and they still don't understand what is wrong.  They just hard boot it again.  I thought it might be third party software, I bought and installed SPB shell, traveler and weather.  But with that software removed it still is having problems with factory installed software.  If the third party software is causing problems, then why did I buy a windows smart phone in the first place if I can't add on to it.

Is anyone else having problems with third party software (SPB in particular)?  Is anyone else having their entire system crash?

Journeyman

If your phone is having issues, are you using any type of backup software to back up your information nightly to your MicroSD card? This alone will save you countless headaches.

As for your hardware issues, sounds like you're getting refurbished TP2s. Have you specifically asked for a new unit for replacement "if" they'll give you one.

Journeyman

First phone I received in 2009 was shipped directly from Sprint.  I am sure it was a new phone.  The second phone was given to me at the Sprint phone/service store right out of the box and I am pretty sure it was new as well.  I might have found a solution for the problem I have been having.  It appears that I need to disable the Touchflow software (on today screen settings) before loading the SPB Mobile Shell.  Two days now without a crash.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Journeyman

I bought the HTC TOUCH PRO 2 in june of this year and I am utterly disgusted. I should have just bought the EVO instead. I wasted my upgrade on this shit piece of fone. The fone vibrates while I am in the middle of fone calls, The fone shuts off by itself. The screen blinks in and out.  The programs freeze up. The txt msging is screwed up the date is wrong on every txt msg it always comes back with the year being 2016.......I have been a member and loyal customer with sprint since 1997 and this by far is the worst fone sprint has ever produced. I had the HTC Touch 1 and that fone lasted me from 12/07 to 06/10. I am upset that I paid 400.00 dollars for the is piece of garbage. I will be takig my fone to the sprint store tomorrow to see what i can learn about the problems and get some help with regards to replacement or something .

Journeyman

To be honest it depends on what your gonna do with the phone.  To me it's so valuable and I've used nearly every phone with the exception of the android cause I was so happy with the TP2.  I would say that you try the phone out a couple days at home and if it doesn't suit you take it back and trade it in for another one.

Journeyman

I have the exact same problems with mine.  I've had it now for about a year and it has crashed on me to the point of having to restore initial settings about half a dozen times in adition to a bunch of soft resets.  This is a work phone so very frustrating to have to keep redoing initial setup of email, etc.  The phone is running Windows 6.1.  I've tried several times unsuccessfully to upgrade to 6.5.  Has anyone been able to find a configuration that is stable?

Journeyman

Honestly the 6.5 update corrected a lot of performance issues with that device (as many updates do). If you are not able to update the software at home or a repair center can do it for you as well.

As far as “known issues” with this phone there are very few:

1. Incoming SMS can sometimes show the incorrect time of 2012 (there is a fix for this).
  2. Issues playing .wmv files from email attachments (corrected with newest software update)
  3. TouchFl 3D requires you to manually enter an Exchange Server URL (corrected with newest software update)
  4. Issues sending a message to a call from the call history (corrected with newest software update)

Did this help? If so please rate the response to help others find it easily.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat