cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch Washed out Screen

Journeyman

HTC Touch Washed out Screen

So i have seen quite a few HTC Touch's that have a screen with a very limited viewing angle, unlike the Mogul. It's about 50\50 which have the issue, I have even gone to my local Sprint store and their demo model has the terriable screen on it as well, so i couldn't demonstrate the issue to them which makes it diffacult for pleading my claim to get a new device with a decent screen. I hate to spend over $300 on a phone with a screen like this, the viewing angle is horriable and especially if you try to watch Sprint T.V. you have to have the device directly head on or you won't get a decent picture. Here are some links where they're are polls of who has the good and bad screens. A link on <a href="http://http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25576&amp;highlight=SprintHTCTouchscreenissue" target="_blank">PPCGeeks.com also here is a YouTube video of the washed out display. If anyone else has noticed this i would suggest we make this apperant as a community because Sprint fails to acknowledge the issue.

Tags (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: HTC Touch Washed out Screen

Not that I'm on anyone's side, i don't think there's much HTC can do yet in this aspect. Of course, Sprint won't do anything since if they had it thier way, the phone's would be embedded in our brains at birth so all they had to do is sell service to them.

The Mogul and the Touch have different types of digitizers, since the Touch has a layer of glass atop it's digitizer optimum for fingers, and the Mogul's is a thin film of plastic optimum for stylus use, so I think it's unfair to compare the two in this aspect.

Journeyman

Just wanted to say that my Touch has this problem too and I hope Sprint will acknowledge the issue because it looks like Verizon got the issue fixed when they released their branded Touch.

Journeyman

I also got a unit with a lesser quality screen. Viewing angle is extremely limited. I was able to see a few of the Verizon phones, they do not have the same issue.

-CC

Journeyman

I'm trying to get this exchanged for free at a sprint store (w/ insurance), but I have the same issue. I got my Touch in November and thought the viewing angles were norma.

JamesI

Journeyman

I have had 5 replacement touches since November and each one of them had the washed out screen, I went to 2 different repair centers yesterday and checked 4 different replacement phones and all of them had the same bad screen. I went to the Verizon store and checked out their touch and the difference with their screen is amazing. It really annoys me that this phone has had nothing but problems and neither Sprint or HTC is taking responsibility for any of them.

Journeyman

Ialsohave this washedout screen and would love to have a good screen thathas a WAY better viewing angle...

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a real problem, but one that Sprint stores ignore. Since so many Touch screens are bad, they don't know there is a problem or act like you are crazy. I wish it would be addressed but not likely.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat