cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC touch pro 2 customization?

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC touch pro 2 customization?

i can't seem to find where to change settings and the overall look of the HTC touch pro 2 home screen. i found where to limitedly change the today screen, but nothing about home. i want to do simple things like remove the calendar bar. change the look and size of the clock and the color of the shadow boxes. these seem like things any phone should do especially the HTC phones. i've look up down through the forums here and else where, can anyone help??

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 customization?

First, read your Owner's Guide, your question's wording shows you need to at least do that much. (If you don't have a Guide you can pull the PDF down from Sprint's Touch Pro 2 handset site.) Second, most of your customizations will be accomplished with the Menu label on the bottom right of the home screen (or elsewhere within the Settings tab). For more esoteric customizations you'll have to go to an enthusiast site like PPCGeeks.com but you'll have to know what you're doing because of the risks involved in utilizing custom ROMs and cabinet files.

Journeyman

hmmm thanks but no thanks. I have read most of the user’s guide only skipping over repetitive or self explanatory portions. If you read my question you'll find that I’m not looking to do any esoteric tweaking. I tried all the menu settings all that really does is either 1) take you to settings where you can set the program functions not the styles, unless it's text or 2) change the today screen. I’m just thinking I’ve missed something somewhere, but I’ve look over things multiple times and can't find anything. It’s just a personalization thing the phone is great other then these couple of things that are just bugging me.

Journeyman

google "cookie home tab"

Journeyman

Re: HTC touch pro 2 customization?

If you want to change the Home Page Wallpaper, on the Start page you tap Menu, Home Wallpaper, Weather Wallpaper. They have to be in your

Pictures folder or My Wallpaper and JPG extension.

You can also tap Start, Settings, Personalize (Wallpaper, customize tabs). You can change lots of things from there.

To personalize the Home Screen Tab, Remove Quick Links, Set Local Time and Date, you tap Menu again and chose the one you want to modify.

To change the whole appearance of the Home Page, tap Start, Settings, Menu, All Settings, Today, on the bottom of the screen you tap Items. You'll have several choices there. You have to try and see what you like.

Hope it helps.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat