Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handsfree Car Kits for Sprint Mogul - Any recommendations

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Handsfree Car Kits for Sprint Mogul - Any recommendations

New Law goes in to effect in CA tomorrow (1 July) and we all have to use Handsfree kits in ours cars

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Handsfree Car Kits for Sprint Mogul - Any recommendations

Easy! Jabra SP5050 BT Speakerphone. Works like a dream.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Not that I've tested, no.  If you can find a store with several in stock and a liberal return policy, it'd be great if you could test it out and give us a report!  We need things like that . . .

Will 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

@wengla02 wrote:

Not that I've tested, no. If you can find a store with several in stock and a liberal return policy, it'd be great if you could test it out and give us a report! We need things like that . . .

Will

Thanks, I'll get right on it. Presumably Sprint will be funding my time and expenses for this research?

Highlighted
Journeyman

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wa just passed the same law, and this was why I upgraded my phone so I could use a BT device in the car.

I get the phone, and pair it up with my Nissan Factory Navigation, and all calls sound distorted to me and the people on the other end can't hear me at all. Doing some research, looks like many are having this problem with Nissan units and the Mogul. figures.

So now I need to upgrade the system in my 4Runner, I want an Eclipse Navigation unit since Eclipse units are plug/play into my Toyota Harness. So looking at what Eclipse uses for a BT adapter, it uses an adapter from parrot (ck3300 evo). Looking it up on Parrots site, and again the Mogul is not listed as compatible

What is going on here? The more searching I do on mogul/bluetooth problems, the more frustrated I get.

I have found so many posts on so many different forums, complaining that the Mogul doesn't work with their BT device.

I've contacted both Sprint and HTC.

HTC said to contact Sprint, and Sprint basically said that if the profiles don't match, the phone won't work and Sprint is not creating any new profiles for the mogul......

So basically the response was 'sucks to be you'

How can one of Sprint's most expensive phones not have a working BT?

Journeyman

@dclong wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Checked Jabra Website and yes Mogul shows up in the compatibility list for SP5050. Although it looks like it is no longer a current product at Jabra. Found it discounted on Amazon and ordered one. If I get time I'll write a mini review like Will suggested above.

Cheers

PP

Highlighted
Journeyman

@dclong wrote:

So I finally received my SP5050 from Amazon.

Had it 2 days, as said above it works like a dream. There's nothing to configure. Took it straight out of box charged it for a hour turned it on paired immediatly with my Mogul and started using it. Speaker phone is nice and loud. Have tried it with voice recognition sevices like Bay traffic service (511) works great. Call quality is good. Very impressed. Get one while you can.

I'm going to check the above suggestion as the solution to this question

Message Edited by Pasadenapirate on 07-18-2008 03:10 PM
Message Edited by Pasadenapirate on 07-18-2008 03:12 PM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat