cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me make noise for Windows Phone 7 cuz the EVO sucks!

Journeyman

Help me make noise for Windows Phone 7 cuz the EVO sucks!

Alright people, I've hung in there with Sprint, and I'm sure many of you too have been waiting for them to deliver the goods! But this EVO by HTC is just and Android--iPhone wannabe and just is not what business customers like myself need...I'm also a gamer!  So please help me post demands for a Windows Phone 7 Series Phone!  My blackberry just doesn't cut it and a 4G phone on the nations most incomplete 4G network doesn't make me want to give Sprint anymore of my money for phones that don't do what business phones should!  So Make Some Noise!  Lets Get Sprint 2B Proactive For Once!

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Help me make noise for Windows Phone 7 cuz the EVO sucks!

Android is actually a lot better than Windows Mobile 7. What does Windows Mobile 7 have that Android doesn't? And this is just one phone, calm down. Sprint will be releasing more phones along the way, no need to say this phone sucks. This phone actually has potential.

Journeyman

Well, you can hardly judge WinMo 7 because it doesn't really exist yet.  Android 2.1 and Sense do and to say the Evo "sucks" is purely ludicrous.

Journeyman

Hello,

I'll definitely make noise for WP7S  it looks extremely promising.   However I do for a change have to congratulate Sprint for offering a high end phone for the first time in ages.   Part of Sprint's issue is the lack of high end phone selection - be it any OS.   Again - high end means CURRENT releases of phones (not a year or 2 after relesaed on other carriers or in Europe, the fasted processors available, large screens, slim form factor).

While I have no use for Android at the moment it does show potential.

WM already has better e-mail integration than Android with Sense at I can search my entire mailbox on the server for key words from my e-mail application in WM.   If you've seen WP7S e-mail it is really outstanding - they really kicked it up a notch with WP7S.

WP7S supports multiple e-mail exchange accounts which is huge for me.

I need dial by BT which android still doesn't do but that doesn't mean android sucks, it just means they have some work to do and that I couldn't use this phone as I drive about 2 hours each day and I don't wan't to get into an accident flipping through several hundred contacts when I could just press a button on my BT headset and dial by name without ever touching my phone.

Right now I'd be happier with an HD2 with WM6.5.5 than an Android phone but at least Sprint put some effort in instead of the usual, let's get a cheap low end phone with a pink shell.

Journeyman

Journeyman

T-Mobile Can't Keep the HTC HD2 in Stock

http://gizmodo.com/5508980/t+mobile-cant-keep-the-htc-hd2-in-stock  -

Dear Sprint,

OBVIOUSLY people wanted the HD2 - even on tmobile.  I don't know many people who have tmobile for business service and yet they can't keep these things in stock.   It is one of the finest WM phones on the market - large screen, fast processor, SLIM design, flash, plenty of memory etc.   Your lack of sucess by selecting the worst WM phones for the past 2 years isn't indicative of WM in the market but indicative you aren't listening to your customers and getting the good phones.

PLEASE do your clients a favor and get something like the EVO with WP7 the moment WP7 hits the shelves.   TELL HTC in advance you want WP7 on the EVO hardware - they can give it the required buttons.   Please don't wait a year after WP7 is released before putting it on good hardware.   Please don't wait until the European markets have had the HD3 for a year.   PLEASE ACT NOW!!! be proactive!   Be a LEADER!   Get more business!

I'm sure you have plans to sell an LG phone with a small screen, slow processor and thickness for a keyboard - and that is fine - choice is good.   But MANY of us would prefer a large screen, fast phone, with a slim design as well as those who would like the LG phone with the small screen and slower processor for WP7.   So please Sprint, PLEASE, give us a choice this time. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: T-Mobile Can't Keep the HTC HD2 in Stock

boe wrote:

http://gizmodo.com/5508980/t+mobile-cant-keep-the-htc-hd2-in-stock  -

Dear Sprint,

OBVIOUSLY people wanted the HD2 - even on tmobile.  I don't know many people who have tmobile for business service and yet they can't keep these things in stock.   It is one of the finest WM phones on the market - large screen, fast processor, SLIM design, flash, plenty of memory etc.   Your lack of sucess by selecting the worst WM phones for the past 2 years isn't indicative of WM in the market but indicative you aren't listening to your customers and getting the good phones.

Around my parts of the Midwest (Chicago) T-mobile stores have lines outside the doors for the HD2.  I had to check it out, the phone is beautiful!

Not only are they offering the HD2, but the smartphones are BOGO.  Hear that 2 for the price of one!

Lastly I read that they are even giving discounts to people who come over from the iphone.  They appear to be cleaning house from other carriers.

AFDOC

Journeyman

I think Sprint did not get this phone because it would have hampered with the HTC EVO SALES. Like me for instance, if the HTC HD2 was out on sprint I probably would have got that instead of waiting for the EVO. Sprint knew this would happen, so they had to make a choice in order to secure the EVO SALES. sure maybe they lost a few but they have most of us waiting now. Like me....But its ok, Im ready for the switch from Windows Mobile to Android. Im even considering learning some programming(JAVA) to program for android and make a few apps......hmm just a thought...

Journeyman

jsmart wrote:

I think Sprint did not get this phone because it would have hampered with the HTC EVO SALES. Like me for instance, if the HTC HD2 was out on sprint I probably would have got that instead of waiting for the EVO. Sprint knew this would happen, so they had to make a choice in order to secure the EVO SALES. sure maybe they lost a few but they have most of us waiting now. Like me....But its ok, Im ready for the switch from Windows Mobile to Android. Im even considering learning some programming(JAVA) to program for android and make a few apps......hmm just a thought...

That would be a stunningly bad business decision on their part - I'm not saying you are wrong as Sprint continuously stuns me with bad business decsions.   They should stop selling all phone and just carry the EVO because if you need to make a call you'll wait for the EVO even if you don't want a PDA.   They should stop selling the Palm - because it competes with the EVO.

Let me know if you come up with a java app that let's you dial by BT on android.

I'd still rather have the HD2 over the EVO.   There is no 4G in my area and I doubt most of the people on this forum are in a 4G area.   WP7 has already been tested on the HD2 and it runs.   I'm sure there will be people who will say "but what if Sprint doesn't release WP7 for the HD2" - who the heck cares.  I've been posting to the people who waited 6 months unnecessarily for the WM6.5 update for their TP2 - you could get BETTER firmware updated by going to xdadevelopers and ppcgeeks than you'll get from Sprint.  Their firmware has been more thoroughly tested, has more features, uses less memory, runs faster and doesn't have any sprint crapware on it.

I'd like Sprint to be in the business of selling service - not phones, not crapware, just service.  I'd love to be able to pick any phone HTC, Samsung, LG etc made and be able to just go on line and activate it.   I'm sure there will be people who will say but then Sprint won't support my phone.   Have any of you actually called Sprint for support on a phone?   I activate about 25% of my client's phones for them and it is about a 50/50 shot of Sprint ever activating it right on the first try.   I'd say on average, I have to call 3 times to get a smart phone activated properly with Sprint and then they always give you that nonsense about waiting 4 hours to call back before contacting them again - BS - if it is activated properly and you have signal, the phone WILL activate in 5 minutes.   If you've activated 1000 or so phones you get to know this - not sure why Sprint is still telling you to wait 4 hours - sure if I'm in a lead lined room and have no signal - it will take a long time to activate or if my phone has a dead battery and no AC adapter it will take a long time - but don't make me wait 4 hours to call back because you don't understand the different types of data service in the Ensemble system.

OH - and don't forget rumor has it that your bill will go up for the EVO because it supports 4G - even though you may not live anywhere near a 4G zone or they may not offer the EVO in your area if you don't have 4G coverage.   I'd say either way that screws a lot of Sprint customers. -  Again the HD2 would have been much preferable to me!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat