ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with setting up an modem connection (HTC Touch Pro)

Journeyman

Help with setting up an modem connection (HTC Touch Pro)

Okay so recently i just my dad gave me his HTC touch pro. and it had working internet without wi-fi. he had alot of junk on it so i  hit Start>Settings>System>Clear storage.  Now the internet doesnt work. it keeps asking me to select a connection. I click on it and the only option it says is to "Add a new modem connection"    on the part where it tells me to select a modem, do i select "cellular line" or "hayes compatible on COM1:"? and after i select whichever it asks  "enter the number exactly as it should be dialed" do i put my phone number? or what? after that, they ask me to type in a username and a password, what username do i use? my sprint account? please help me

Message was edited by: b4eltonwaswho

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Help with setting up an modem connection (HTC Touch Pro)

If you have a data plan on your phone.........

Take

Your

Phone

To

A

Sprint

Store

2nd choice: call tech support.

Journeyman

yeah.... thats the thing, there is no sprint store around my location and the costumer service is no help either, i might just have to wait until i can get free time to drive out of the city

Journeyman

Hey I had Simular problems with my touch pro when I had it. Did you try to update you profile, PRL & Firmware? How about Upgrading From Windows 6.1 to windows 6.5? Both seem like they would fix your problem. Updating the phone fixed mine.

Journeyman

can you explain to me how to update the firmware?

Master

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat