cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like Sprint does not support windows phone and cares less about WP customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel like Sprint does not support windows phone and cares less about WP customers.

If we dont buy a android or apple product then Sprint is not the carrier service for you. At&t and Verizon have been the only to companies who have fairly supported all 3 operating systems. Since Windows phone released At&t has carried a minimum of 5 current Windows Phones ranging from high end to mid range Nokia's, Samsung, or HTC's phones. I'm not a At&t employee promoting their brand, I am a Sprint customer who has been with company since my Nextel contract was bought out by Sprint and I am fed up with the poor service. Yeah, yeah, yeah we have unlimited everything plans, but I have to stay in a particular area in order to utilize the data plan or have decent phone coverage; My calls still drop and my 4g service is choppy. I like to travel and every time I leave Michigan my service performance is lack luster.

Then Sprint's variety of phones is very disappointing. I prefer the Windows Phone OS over the IOS or Android, better performs the task that I need it to do. I will admit my Note 2 and 3 did fairly good at  performance areas, but I found myself using my Windows Phone more comfortably. The Android had more bells and whistle, but it was also more complicated to work with. Windows Phone 8 is a well designed OS and the WP8.1 that my coworker has is even more impressive. I don't have the option to upgrade to a new Windows Phone or even update my current WP with the latest software, because Sprint does not offer any Windows Phone products other than the the 2 low end Windows Phone that were released 2 yrs ago. Actually you can only find one of those 2 phones on their site as of now. These phones were cheesy products to begin with, that were only offered to shut up the customers who were asking for WP. They tricked us and got us locked into a 2yr agreement with the worse Windows Phone released to date compared to all the other WP's available through other carriers. I m at my boiling point and adamant on joining At&t who offers the best Windows Phone to date. I will miss the unlimited data, but at this point its useless unless I conform to the status quo and purchase a IOS or Droid product. AT&T has released a new WP every quarter, since the introduction of the Windows Phone 7. I encourage you to do the same if you support Windows Phone, and like me feels that Sprint doesn't value us.

15 REPLIES 15
Master

Re: I feel like Sprint does not support windows phone and cares less about WP customers.

MDMATHIE,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Sprint. I understand your concern about the Windows phones. I am very sorry that Sprint is not offering the device of your preference. I do hope in the near future you will have that choice at Sprint.
- Eric
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: I feel like Sprint does not support windows phone and cares less about WP customers.

Very true statement. Sprint doesn't care about Windows or their customers who would prefer to use Windows Phones. I am no genius or sage, but I knew back when the two devices that were announced (Samsung Ativ S Neo and HTC 8XT) that Sprint would not support them with marketing or tech support. They still don't, nor do they have replacement/upgraded devices available (or even announced) to replace those. Sprint has dropped the ball once again. I am disgruntled. I am angry. I am disappointed. I am even sad that Sprint has done this to loyal customers. This kind of support along with a lackluster network is why Sprint is still bleeding customers and not anywhere close to being in contention with AT&T or Verizon.

Next SprintCare rep that apologizes for the lack of knowledge about anything Windows-based should pay my ETF to release me from my indentured servitude so that I may go forth and become a happy, supported customer on another carrier.

Journeyman

There's a mixed message if I've ever seen one. You say you want Windows Phone but then you call the two Windows Phones "cheesy".

Master

StivX,

Thank you for the feedback about the Windows phones. I would like to look at the network in your area. Please provide the nearest cross streets and zip code.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Master

DIALM4SPEED - Thanks for the post. Let us know if you need any help from us. We're here for you. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Jewel, Thanks for the attempt, but my problem with coverage in my area is that Sprint has no building penetration, so any time I enter in someone house or at work, I start roaming. I have called Sprint about this and been told Sprint leases all towers in my area from NTelos. So, the coverage isn't even using Sprint's network. Any work order has to get submitted to NTelos for repair, not Sprint. Also, LTE is non-existent with no current plans to offer LTE any time soon. Yet, I can get LTE from Verizon, AT&T, and US Cellular. I don't think there is anything you can do about either of these issues: coverage improvement or offering LTE service.

So, to be absolutely clear the only way I will stay with Sprint in 2015 is for Sprint to offer a high end Windows Phone that I can't wait to get my hands on. Add the lack of Windows Phones, no LTE, and crap network in my area up and you get one major disgruntled customer with a 5 line plan that is salivating over being able to switch to a carrier that will provide me with the service and phone selection I am willing to pay for. 

Master

StivX- I completely understand your concern with this issue. We don't want you to leave us. We will be working on providing you with better service and phone options. Please let us know if you need any assistance. We will be happy to help. - Joanne
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

StivX wrote:

Jewel, Thanks for the attempt, but my problem with coverage in my area is that Sprint has no building penetration, so any time I enter in someone house or at work, I start roaming. I have called Sprint about this and been told Sprint leases all towers in my area from NTelos. So, the coverage isn't even using Sprint's network. Any work order has to get submitted to NTelos for repair, not Sprint. Also, LTE is non-existent with no current plans to offer LTE any time soon. Yet, I can get LTE from Verizon, AT&T, and US Cellular. I don't think there is anything you can do about either of these issues: coverage improvement or offering LTE service.

So, to be absolutely clear the only way I will stay with Sprint in 2015 is for Sprint to offer a high end Windows Phone that I can't wait to get my hands on. Add the lack of Windows Phones, no LTE, and **** network in my area up and you get one major disgruntled customer with a 5 line plan that is salivating over being able to switch to a carrier that will provide me with the service and phone selection I am willing to pay for.

You should definitely leave Sprint. Everyone that I've ever known that's left Sprint has never looked back. There's a reason they're losing a lot of customers.

Journeyman

It would be nice to know when the Windows 8.1 update will come out. All the press releases said "end of summer" well, it's now November 5th.

Master

SGT_Wombat,

We certainly care about all of our customers the same. Once a deal has been struck, you will learn about it first here: sprint.com/newsroom. - Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SGT_Wombat wrote:

It would be nice to know when the Windows 8.1 update will come out. All the press releases said "end of summer" well, it's now November 5th.

Now it's December 1st..........

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat