cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Sprint gets the HD2...

Highlighted
Journeyman

If Sprint gets the HD2...

If Sprint ends up getting some form of the HD2 with Windows Mobile, will it require an updated data plan?  I have an old plan and do not want to upgrade my plan.  Right now, all the Windows Mobile phones do not require the updated plan.  Any thoughts??

8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: If Sprint gets the HD2...

As far as I know WM phones do not require a data plan but you never know what is going on with Sprint management

Journeyman

chambroo wrote:

If Sprint ends up getting some form of the HD2 with Windows Mobile, will it require an updated data plan?  I have an old plan and do not want to upgrade my plan.  Right now, all the Windows Mobile phones do not require the updated plan.  Any thoughts??

How expensive the phone costs and I'm sure the high subsidy fee that Sprint will need to pay to get the phone and make it remotely affordable will drive the "need" for them to have everyone who were to get the HD2 to have one of their everything plans.  You have to admit, the HD2 is very data intensive and the consumer base for this phone includes those who use a lot of data services on their mobile phone.  It wouldn't be very economical for Sprint to have older less expensive phone plans used on this expensive phone for 2 reasons: the sheer amount of data being used with the phone and the more expensive phone plans help Sprint to make back the initial money shelled out to get the phone from HTC.

Right now we just want to have the opportunity to purchase the phone on a Sprint plan.  We're not overly concerned with price and type of plan just yet.  Please post on the petition if you haven't done so already:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/23213?tstart=0

Master

I agree, most likely it will be a requirement to upgrade the plan if you purchase the phone as an upgrade. WHole different story if you pay for the phone outrigh though. They can't make you do anything at that point, although they may try.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

this definitely isn't true. If you buy the palm, android, or instinct full rate you still have to upgrade to everything plan if you want to activate it on your account.

Journeyman

p-slim is correct.  My son got an instinct from a friend traded an xbox (not 360) for it.  I had to put him on the everything data plan to active the phone.  So even if you pay full price if they require the EV plan you have to get it or you cannot use the phone.

Did anyone notice that several smart phones dropped off of Sprint's offering today?  Hopefully in preparation to add a couple new ones in the coming days with CES about to start.

Journeyman

Another day passes and Sprint heaps another dissappointment on its remaining customers.

Journeyman

DONT GIVE UP   CHRISTMAS IS COMING ANYONE INTERESTED IN WINDOWS MOBILE 7?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat