cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint getting Tango for HTC Arrive??

Journeyman

Is Sprint getting Tango for HTC Arrive??

I'm wondering this because my Arrive is having issues with Bluetooth and also when texting, screen goes up with me completing text. Last time I had anissue with these problems, Sprint had to resolve the issue with an update of some kind..

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Is Sprint getting Tango for HTC Arrive??

I meant to say that when texting, the screen goes up without me completing the text.

Highlighted
Journeyman

More than likely the answer is a solid no. They haven't released the patch yet and it's been out a long time. I'm pretty sure Sprint only cares about WP7 to the point they want you as a customer. Throw you a bone and then ignore you. On the bright side i'm sure they will release 1 WP8, because if they don't they know you wont stay.

Journeyman

What issue are you having with bluetooth?  I used to have an issue where connecting my Arrive to any bluetooth device would cause it to crash.  Seems like Sprint isn't too upfront about their WP8 support, and with the way they are treating WP7 I'm seriously considering bailing on sprint at the end of the year when my contract is up.  After seeing my brother's connection on LTE on verizon (and yes I know VZW doesn't exactly have the best support behind WP8, but they at least seem somewhat more interested in WP8 than sprint does) I was blown away at the speeds he was getting (approx 15Mb/10Mb down/up) opposed to Sprint's LTE which seems kind of lackluster so far.

So instead of investing 20 billion in infrastructure Sprint invested $20 billion in the iPhone, and now they are screwed

Journeyman

I was hoping for Sprint to release Tango too in order to better hold me over until I switch to ATT for Windows Phone 8.

Journeyman

Today Verizon released information that they will roll out Tango to their HTC Trophy beggining tommorow.  They will be geting Hotspot amongst a number of other nice features.  Considering they have the same processor and hardware features, the Arrive is certainly capable of everything the HTC Trophy is about to get.  Visual Voice mail will also be a great feature to have.  What is Sprint waiting for?

Journeyman

Why wait for Sprint, you can have Tango, the hotspot features working, and the keyboard disappearing issue gone. Just search on XDA Developers for hacking the Arrive. It took me about 30 min of research and another 30 min to upgrade my phone. The only drawback is that you essentially are doing a factory reset on the phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat