cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to lock your screen without disabling sprint radio ? (TP 2)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Settings --> All Settings --> Personal --> Buttons --> tab at the bottom to End Key --> Automatically execute the selected action: --> Lock Device

Then press the hangup (end) button for about 2 seconds and the phone is locked. Great for preventing inadvertent key presses while the phone is in your pocket. It hangs up a call if you are using the phone, though.

Message was edited by: charlie.quidnunc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Settings --> All Settings --> Personal --> Buttons --> tab at the bottom to End Key --> Automatically execute the selected action: --> Lock Device

Then press the hangup (end) button for about 2 seconds and the phone is locked. Great for preventing inadvertent key presses while the phone is in your pocket. It hangs up a call if you are using the phone, though.

Message was edited by: charlie.quidnunc

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Master

Another option is to install the following app from XDA which will automatically lock the device when the screen turns off. Whether it times out or you manually tap the power button to make the screen go off.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542482

The APP is called LockDevice and it does exactly that. It automatically locks the device when the screen goes off. Very handy program, uses very little memory and very little RAM.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much. It worked like a charm. I might be pushing my luck here, but now is there anyway to turn off the screen to save battery life and still have radio playing ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont know if it works with Sprint Radio but i had the same problem with streaming radio.  I installed live365 on my touch pro 2 and it would stop everytime i shut off the screen. But i found out if you turn off the screen then pull out your headphone jack and put it back in then it will start playing again with the screen off.  It makes a huge difference and I can hours of streaming radio now.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat