cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 20, 2013

Highlighted
Journeyman

June 20, 2013

Could June 20th be the day that the Samsung ATIV S is announced on the Sprint Network?

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/27/4369512/samsung-premiere-2013-london-event-june-20th-galaxy-ativ

Tags (5)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: June 20, 2013

Samsung needs to announce a refresh of Ativ S with a lively design and upgraded specs .. not simply the current 2012 device on Sprint.

I'd like to see the device with...

LTE (should be a Sprint requirement anyway)

Gorilla Glass 3

improved Cameras

improved Standby Times

Wireless Charging

Journeyman

Looks like it was designed for wireless charging. Check this out DIY Qi Wireless charging mod for the Samsung Ativ S for $16.- - Windows Phone Central Forums

Journeyman

Will Samsung reveal the Ativ Sprint phone tomorrow?  I hope so!  I'm tired of waiting!

Samsung unveiling new Android and Windows devices on June 20th | The Verge

Wizard

Finally_Windows,

As a Windows Phone fan myself I share the same eagerness. To stay on top of device releases, announcements are always made on www.Sprint.com/newsroom.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Not one mention of a WP yesterday by Samsung. Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Think Sprint put up that webpage to make people think they're getting a device to keep people from jumping ship before they get bought out. They have no intention of getting a WP8 even though Verizon and Tmobile have added the Lumias with no problem.

Journeyman

With absolutely no mention of anything by Sprint regarding WP8, I am giving them until the release of the Lumia 925 on T Mobile.

I have been a loyal Sprint customer and have seen them pull this garbage in the past.  Sprint is always last to get new devices, never support updates and they remain suspiciously silent when pressed on these matters.

The fact that they disregard a portion of their user base is alarming to me, and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the Tiara comes along in November.

Bye bye Sprint.  You blew it.

Journeyman

I'm having trouble with my Android phone, but I'm holding out till I can get a Windows 8 Phone.  In order to make the phone limp along till either, Sprint gets a Windows 8 phone or August 1st when enough other family members are no longer under contract and we can move to Verizon, I went to the Sprint repair center to see if they could do anything for the phone.  They suggested that I upgrade my phone and I told them what I was waiting for.  They said that it might be a while for Sprint because one of the phones they were looking at couldn't be made to work on Sprint's network so they had to start over again.  Face to palm!  Why doesn't Sprint let US know what's going on instead of stringing us along trying to squeeze the last $ out of us that they can before we get pissed off and move carriers.

Journeyman

I, too, plan on jumping to T-Mobile. Don't know if I want to wait for 925 or score an unlocked HTC X (or even Ativ S / Q) and go even sooner.

Journeyman

Chris: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?

You: My wife was told in a sprint store that sprint had no plans to launch a windows phone. Is this true?

Chris: Unfortunately, I am not able to confirm any information regarding potential upcoming devices.

Chris: To stay up to date with device releases and other Sprint news, please Click Here.

Chris: You can stay tuned to http://newsroom.sprint.com for our most recent announcements and device releases.

Chris: Please keep in touch with Sprint for updates.

You: So, you are not denying that?

Chris: I do not have any information about the Window phones will be available with Sprint or not at this time.

You: that is what I thought, thank you. I will post this chat in the sprint community page

Chris: You're welcome.

Chris: I meant the new windows phone*

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat