cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep the ball rolling with GDR3... (General Distribution Release 3)

Journeyman

Re: Keep the ball rolling with GDR3... (General Distribution Release 3)

I too am a Windows Phone fan and a loyal Sprint customer.  I've been trying to get a straight answer from Sprint/Microsoft/Samsung and haven't had any luck, at least not officially.  The one that seemed to make the most sense was that Samsung always wants to make sure that they release a stable version of software on their phones.  Beyond that, nothing specific about the Ativ S Neo.  Now, I understand from several posts in other forums that the Sprint HTC 8XT HAS Windows 8 GDR3.  I have also seen a couple of posts in other forums that Sprint reps have confirmed that Sprint will never get the GDR3 update for the S Neo.  I just want to know the situation with my phone from whom ever that can tell me.

Master

Windows8PhoneRules - We understand the need for you to have the latest software on your device. David provided a great explanation on why we don't have any updates for you. Whenever we do release software updates, we announce them in the appropriate forum space, thanks for your post. -Eduardo
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just for giggles I went to the Samsung site and asked about the updates for the Neo. First thing I noticed SPH-I800 isn't even listed on there site, I had to tell the CSR which phone I had. And as you might expect the answer they gave was "We don't know when or if it will happen!"  Gotta love it! LOL

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat